• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1972 Challenger 340-3 Speed factory - 4 Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoparGod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1972 Challenger 340 Car that I am considering selling. This car is a REAL H Code 340 Challenger Rallye. It was originally a 3 Speed car with console, and I converted it to a 4 Speed with Pistol Grip Shifter. Car also has rally guages, dual exhaust with factory tips, and TTI Headers. The body of this car is ORIGINAL and not rusty! There are no replacement panels on the car, in the floors, or in the trunk floor!! The 340 engine is starting to smoke and use some oil, but still runs strong. The car also has the 8 3/4 Rear with a 3:55 Sure Grip. The paint on the car is from the 1990's, and is presentable but NOT show quality. The interior panels have been replaced with new aftermarket, the dash pad has a cap on it. Seats are also redone.

I also have some NOS parts that are included, mostly trim pieces. I also have a pair of Rechromed bumpers from Tri-City plating, and some other extras!

Price is $15,000

E-mail me at [email protected] - Thanks!

MVC-031S.JPG

MVC-032S.JPG

MVC-033S.JPG

MVC-036S.JPG

MVC-034S.JPG

MVC-035S.JPG

MVC-039S.JPG

Last edited:

linetrash1975

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you kidding not worth $15,000 completly original body, long as its not stuffed full of filler, if i had the money I would take a serious look at it. Not hung up on the its not a 70-71 thing.

Jed

MoparGod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drive it to Carlisle, Frank!

Small trunk won't hold many parts!

Are you kidding not worth $15,000 completly original body, long as its not stuffed full of filler, if i had the money I would take a serious look at it. Not hung up on the its not a 70-71 thing.

Jed

Exactly!! It has all the original floor pans, trunk floor, quarters, etc.

MoparGod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to believe I get no interest in this car, esp considering some of the other cars I have seen for sale! :cwm10:

Challenger340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm confused as well ?

Looks like a very Decent & Complete Restorable Car ?

Is the 340 the Serial #'s Matching original Engine to the Car, or, a substitute 340 ?

Did you keep all the original 3 spd trans stuff ?
According to Galen Govier, 346 manual trans 340 Challengers in '72, the VAST Majority of which were optioned UP to 833 4 spds, unknown, but less than 100 3 spd manuals.
Pretty rare stuff ?

Last edited:

MoparGod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm confused as well ?

Looks like a very Decent & Complete Restorable Car ?

Is the 340 the Serial #'s Matching original Engine to the Car, or, a substitute 340 ?

Did you keep all the original 3 spd trans stuff ?
According to Galen Govier, 346 manual trans 340 Challengers in '72, the VAST Majority of which were optioned UP to 833 4 spds, unknown, but less than 100 3 spd manuals.
Pretty rare stuff ?

I had the 3 speed stuff for a while, but ended up selling it to someone who needed it. I didn't plan to ever switch it back. Not sure if the 340 is the original or not, the trans was! I checked it after the swap.
I'll probably just keep the car. Not to many still out there with all the original metal anymore, and I would probably never find another E-Body that is for what I'm asking! :3gears:

Challenger340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed !
you will NEVER find an original sheetmetal car in that pricerange again !

Can't blame people for trying to get something for nothing, especially in these economic times ?

Southside

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the cash flow is pretty tough now with the economy. I also like the car but it is just a bad $$$ time for a few of us.

MoparGod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much have decided to keep it. I see people asking almost as much for 318 cars! I only had one person actually come see the car, and I don't think he was a serious buyer. :icon_tongue:

Last edited:

MoparGod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I am bumping this up! I'm going to try to sell it again. If anyone is SERIOUS PM me! The price is $15,000, and that is FIRM. If you want to haggle it's $17,500 obo! :icon_winkle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back