• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 Challenger restomod project

Ed72cuda

Reaction score
Any Patch or body parts for 72 CUDA?

Looks like a great project, congrats! Did you already order your new metal? Check out some of my parts for sale ads. I may have something you need that AMD doesn't offer like rustfree door mount sections of the A-pillar with rustfree inner and outer rockers still attached. I also have a considerable amount of AMD metal that I no longer need among other things.

any body patch panels or hood hinges or body parts for 1972 CUDA?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
any body patch panels or hood hinges or body parts for 1972 CUDA?

Some of the stuff I have can be used for Challenger or Cuda but its mostly Challenger, nothing Cuda specific. I see it's your first post so welcome to the site from the Motor City! You should head over to the "welcome wagon" and introduce yourself and your project. We like to try to not hijack others threads.

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
Just got in the new AMD cowl and front frame rails. Pretty much have everything now from the front to the doors that needs to be replaced. Anybody know of any good radiator support and fender support bracing besides US car tools? Or are they the best choice?

Ed72cuda

Reaction score
Trunk floor pan or extensions for 72 Cuda?

Looks like a great project, congrats! Did you already order your new metal? Check out some of my parts for sale ads. I may have something you need that AMD doesn't offer like rustfree door mount sections of the A-pillar with rustfree inner and outer rockers still attached. I also have a considerable amount of AMD metal that I no longer need among other things.

do you have any trunk floor patch panels or extensions for 72 Cuda?

Cupracer

Reaction score
Looking for a trunk lid? Mine has a little rust on the interior upper seams, could make it work but if I was able to get something with no rust that'd be nice. Any out there? Got the new quarters in a couple days ago. All AMD. I was going to reskin the right side but decided to do both sides new so now I have an extra right side skin and both sides lower quarters I will need to sell. If your in the Denver area I can save you shipping charges! Hint! Hint!

Cupracer

Reaction score
Also Bill I would be interested knowing, if you don't mind, what the entire ISIS kit cost was in the end with all connections for a standard set up in a car.
Thanks

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
I am working on building my 4 speed trans and I need to know what gears I need to copy the T/A trans. Anybody know what gear cluster I need?? I am using the T/A to base my build off of. Any help with the parts I need would be awesome. I got the main case, tail housing, bell housing, bolts and side plate I need all the internal parts still. I'm going with the 3.91 sure grip for the rear end. Not sure if that's needed or not for final gear ratio or not.

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
Still just buying parts and I am curious on anyone's opinion on a good streetable brake upgrade. I want to be able to drive it a lot with out having to maintain the brakes every six months. Have heard wildwood isn't for the daily driver but was my first choice. Also I have a 70 driver side door and a 73 passenger side door. How much difference is there and if a lot which side do I keep and try to match.

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
Just picked up the ralleye fenders and louvers from the same car i picked up the bulge hood off of. Great day.

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
I am now working on figuring out what to do about my doors. I have a 70 driver side door and 73 passenger door. Should I find a 70 passenger side door or a 73 driver side door? I believe that they have enough differences that I need to match right????????

moparleo

Reaction score
The only difference would be if one door had the belt molding on the center of the door and one didn't. No problem to solve either problem. If it had the molding and you don't want to reinstall it. You will find rivet type pins welded to the door. They can just be cut off and ground smooth.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The only parts difference you would probably be buying would be the window felts. They attach differently on a 70 door than they do on a 73. It would force you to buy a set for each year of door. It still will be cheaper than replacing a door.

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
What about mirror location or anything like that?? If its just felts that's easy. Can you tell a difference when all said and done?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
You can't tell the difference with the felts. I don't do 73's very often. I think the mirror hole spacing may be different. I am not sure. I don't know about location. I can find out later today. There is a 73 door at the shop.

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
Well a little update on where I am at now. About to order outer rocker panels so that way I have all new metal from the front of the car to the door striker panels. I just picked up my custom 70 style dash pad. The stitching is blue instead of black and looks really cool. I hope my 73 ralley dash fits well in it. I do still have the 73 cage. Just got my last parts from Passon performance to build my T/A spec transmission. Got mostly NOS parts which is pretty cool. I even bought a brand new hurst pistol grip shifter. Hopefully I will be able to put together the whole transmission and get the dash put together pretty soon so I can post some pics of those. Got my QA1 tubular front k frame and its awesome. Sent my rimblow to Dave to get restored. Now looking for a 340 block. Pulled my dads spare rear end since he has a dana for his car and turned out to be a 3.91 sure grip that looks brand new. Plan on also rebuilding the rear end and having that done along with ordering a custom drive shaft. The first engine I will be putting in is the 318 it came with which is almost done being rebuilt. Got a set of x heads headed this way from a member on here that I might use on the 318. I plan on using that engine while I get all the kinks out and then blow it up, paint it, and drop a 340 in it. If I cant find a good block I'm planning on get a mopar performance replacement 340 block since its a 4 bolt main and I don't have to worry about thin 340 walls.

Back