• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1974 barracuda exhaust help

bogdanator

Reaction score
my barracuda came with single exhaust ,would like to go with a double going thru valance cutout ,any idea what would work (brand , model)
any help be good as im very new to Mopar family
thank you
ps. got my hands on this barracuda , been resting in Baltimore garage for last 40 years

IMG_2511.jpeg

bogdanator

Reaction score
hi
got the AMD valance with the cutout , engine is 318 with original exhaust manifold , would like to restore to as best as I can so I know it will be not cheap
thanks

bogdanator

Reaction score
I have been looking at magna flow , they look good but shows that would fit 70-72 barracuda so I don't know if it be ok on 74 , contacted the magna flow rep but he have no idea

moparlee

Reaction score
If you are not looking for factory correct just go to a good local muffler shop and have them bend it up and install. You can use what they have for a performance muffler or order a pair of the Magna Flows.

Xcudame

Reaction score
If there is a decent muffler shop in Poland, that might be the cheapest way to go. If you want to install it yourself, and money isn't too much of an issue, you can't beat TTI.

bogdanator

Reaction score
Thank you guys for info, and yes I did read about TTI , and looks good , the reason I was looking at magnaflow was that it is made of SS instead mild steel. TTI exhaust is actually less expensive than magna, but the exhaust tips are way more.
Wonder if tips from other brand would fit?
I don’t want to go cheap on restoring but don’t want to go crazy either
Love the car , (was a mustang guy before)
Thank again for help

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
I have used TTI a couple times they make very nice parts. I installed the 3" on my 72 barracuda using their tips. The fit was very nice and the sound from the 440 was awesome. I also installed their 2" exhaust kit on my 67 Dart. Another very nice fit. On my 74 Challenger (very similiar to the Barracuda) I added the dual cutout valance, I had a dual exhaust installed at a shop, with TTI tips. The cost was definitely more affordable, but nowhere near the quality of the TTI kit.

bogdanator

Reaction score
Thank you for all replies, I will contact and order from TTI . Will see about the tips as they charge 400 , other costs about 200-250
Thanks again

Rons340

Reaction score
Accurate Exhaust for exact OEM original. Compete system from manifolds thru rear valance, including SS tips is around $1200.
A perfect fit on my Challenger!

bogdanator

Reaction score
maybe someone know what is the 3 speed manual trany code as I can't find any info and I would like to rebuild it with new kit
thanks

bogdanator

Reaction score
when I restore any car I replace every gasket , seal and rubber, all the weather stripping , engine gasket ,trany, power steering.....
barracuda has 87000 on it and been seating 40 years in Baltimore so im sure it is bed .all the info I can fined is on 4 speed but nothing on 3 speeds I don't know were to get seal set for it
:)

Rons340

Reaction score
maybe someone know what is the 3 speed manual trany code as I can't find any info and I would like to rebuild it with new kit
thanks
It never hurts to dissemble and inspect with new seals and gaskets.
Brewer's Performance might be able to help you with that if you give them a call. They are all about 4-speeds and manual drivetrains and are very accommodating to work with. I will link their website below.

Click: Brewer's Performance

Back