• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

And I drove it . . like I stole it lol

70survivor

Reaction score
What a driver!!
A few stickers, a couple rattle cans of FJ5 and some black satin paint (costs $300 and my labor) goes a long way when you have a dream lol. With the "many years old bodywork" and the "Earl Schiebs" of the day invalid paint hue's the "pressure was off" to make this girl "ok" for the dance. It's not a brand new dress but I washed up some old rags and threw some tassels on it. It took me a free weekend while waiting on a Summit parts order to put perfume on this pig! I went to school for body & paint but haven't done it for a while since I had a good friend that went into the collision field so always let him do his thing (he put many professional booth jobs to shame). So here I am with my vision (version) of the "Ratfink Cuda". The T-shirts my older brothers wore growing up through the 70's. Now trying to portray the "retired drag car" forgotten for dead in a cold Michigan garage for 40 years sitting on all flat tires, the E.T. and car number smeared on the glass under a half inch of dust blended with dirt from when it was parked after the last race. The unrestored original black interior was a deciding factor in this purchase (with or without the rip in seat) with a thorough deep cleaning also in order. An added bonus was the already healthy 340 that needed the electronic ignition conversion rewired then got a new set of plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, gas filter, hoses, VR1 racing oil change, new trans pan and fluid, new Edelbrock AVS 650 mechanical secondary carb. Some new tie-rods with alignment, new Monroe shocks in rear and new battery.. The original rally wheels it sat with were replaced with polished 15" Torque Thrusts 8" rear Sticky Mickeys & 6" up front. I had the newer "Accurate" exhaust straightened out as with the removal of the rear resonators also. I have some Quik time electric exhaust cutouts scheduled for next week so the Cuda can breathe when she needs. I cannot believe the notoriety this car has driving it around. From the 8 year old to the 80 year old everyone seems to love a Cuda. (/////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Gills flappin)... from each stoplight or stop sign, to gas stations and store stops' someone is waving, smiling or just staring with a smile at the elusive fish we all love. I must say driving this thing around is so fun and the fact of the original "driver" condition makes it more special to me to drive than many restored I've owned. She's a good 20 footer and Im going to drive it like I stole it! "OOO" Code = "Only Original Once" - There will come the time to take her down to bare metal and make her lazer straight. As well to go buy all new weatherstrip/emblems and EVERYTHING to sport the pretty "High Impact" Sublime Green", then add the 340 hockey stick on the side, and the factory steel wheels with poverty caps and a stock stance....... Until then, Im having a blast burnin gass!!!!

20240211_132423.jpg

Screenshot_20240217-153537.png

20240416_165828.jpg

20240416_165706_HDR.jpg

20240322_212553.jpg

20240322_230715.jpg

20240323_221357.jpg

20240323_222607.jpg

20240323_234536.jpg

20240324_173618.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Nice work, I like it! And it's a one of a kind on the road and the attention it gets shows.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
You are right Mrmopar .. . . . just wondering if anyone out there knew what color the rear drums were painted off the line in 1970 - I heard some may have been red on some models?? If anyone was driving around then remembers please let me know. One of my rear drums has some red paint showing through which peaked my interest.
Nice work! Has Tony seen it yet?

Katfish

Reaction score
Well done! Nothing better than driving these cars.
My GF always asks, "What is it with guys and cars?"
Whenever we're out, so many honks and thumbs up, girls included.
I always reply, "They just love Green........."

Xcudame

Reaction score
Brake drums were painted red from the factory. Only on the surface that would be seen through the wheel openings. The paint typically burnt off pretty quick.

102_6285.jpg

cuda joe

Reaction score
great idea just need black rubber behind the rear wheels

sir_veza

Reaction score
Looks really cool! Really like what you've done thus far.
You're absolutely correct to enjoy driving it around. (We're all somewhat reliving our younger days - there's no doubt).
There's enough bad news in our world that you're actually making total strangers a little happier - even but for a few minutes! When I drive my Challenger around it has a similar vibe.

70survivor

Reaction score
Looks really cool! Really like what you've done thus far.
You're absolutely correct to enjoy driving it around. (We're all somewhat reliving our younger days - there's no doubt).
There's enough bad news in our world that you're actually making total strangers a little happier - even but for a few minutes! When I drive my Challenger around it has a similar vibe.
Thanks so much Sir. and you are so right on the reliving' and the "bad news" bears news" all the time. The vibe is real. . . E bodies Keep on truckin'
You need to come to the All Mopar show and swap may 5th at the Packard Proving Grounds.
Love to go and hope I can

Back