• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'73 Challenger Rallye Restoration

moparleo

Reaction score
Looks pretty. Did you change to the rubber reusable gaskets ? I would recommend that you paint the pan blue also. Black makes it more difficult to spot fluid leaks. Also a black harmonic balancer makes it much easier to see the white timing mark with dim light as the best contrast you can get is white against black. JMO

Looking good though.

Bill

Reaction score

I don't know if you can follow this link or not but I went to Hagerty.com car value calculator and 73 Challenger Rallye value has been about dead flat since Aug 2007 but they are saying the value has gone up about 16% in the last 6 months. The economy must be coming back a little bit. Maybe that or maybe the fact that they have not made a 73 Challenger Rallye since.... well...I would guess 1973 maybe?

Bill

Reaction score
Q1. a good 4 speed transmission oil to use?
Q2. Anybody have a rough drawing or picture with measurements of a K frame dolly that will hold k frame, engine and tranny? I can make out of metal or wood or both.

a68postcar

Reaction score
this is what i have. i can measure it up for you if you want.

100_4559.jpg

100_4758.jpg

100_4761.jpg

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Awesome.
and when you are done you can have a bonfire so you don't have to keep tripping over it for the next 10 years.

Bill

Reaction score
Awesome.
and when you are done you can have a bonfire so you don't have to keep tripping over it for the next 10 years.

Thanks.
I'm sure I'm speaking for most of us when I say that wood and I don't get along very well. Takes me 10 tries to bang a nail into a hunk of wood without bending it over. Good thing is that the nail is made out of metal so it's easy for me to straighten back out. The best thing I do with wood is burn it. I burn about 10 cords a year for heat and hot water.

ramenth

Reaction score
Bill, you sound like me. I can make metal do what I want. Wood on the other hand? Not a chance.

I can nail things together. Building something simple like what I did to hold my home built composters are one thing. Asking me to build something intricate? Forget it. I have a video cabinet in my house that's 80" tall by 68" wide and 8" inches deep. My old man built it for me. I'm learning, though. The trim work in the house looks good.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Thanks.
I'm sure I'm speaking for most of us when I say that wood and I don't get along very well. Takes me 10 tries to bang a nail into a hunk of wood without bending it over. Good thing is that the nail is made out of metal so it's easy for me to straighten back out. The best thing I do with wood is burn it. I burn about 10 cords a year for heat and hot water.

I hear you on that. I inherited an entire wood working shop from my wife's grandfather's basement a few years ago. All I have done was continuously move the stuff so it isn't in my way. Don't use it but I have to keep it because of the "family".

Bill, you sound like me. I can make metal do what I want. Wood on the other hand? Not a chance.

I can nail things together. Building something simple like what I did to hold my home built composters are one thing. Asking me to build something intricate? Forget it. I have a video cabinet in my house that's 80" tall by 68" wide and 8" inches deep. My old man built it for me. I'm learning, though. The trim work in the house looks good.

LOL on the trim work. 3 years ago I changed out the dining room light fixture. New one needed to be properly reinforced for earthquake reasons. This started the ball rolling on an entire floor to ceiling remodel of the whole house. Ceilings scraped and Asbestos removal. Door and baseboard trim is still not complete. Did I say I am welding on my headers again.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread...

Last edited:

Bill

Reaction score
004.jpgNew seals, gaskets and o-rings in the transmission (including the reverse shifter little o-ring, what a pain that was but I was able to do it). Trying my hand at a little fiberglass repair work. Building that little ear on the header grille. It's not quite as bad as working with wood (lol).
007.jpg 008.jpg sandblasted, rust encapsulated, epoxy primed, lizard skinned and cut in the edges with single stage of the passenger side door.

007.jpg

004.jpg

008.jpg

Bill

Reaction score
I check out FEBO every day and there is a lot of amazing stuff happening out there that is near and dear to my large mopar heart. Hope I don't bore you with my novice project happenins but if and when it's finished this journal will be a cool thing for me to look back on some day. Still "dubbin". Working on the header grille. Should have some coats of highbuild primer on it and the front lower valance this weekend. Fiixing all the cracks, fabbing up the little fiberglass mounting ear that was broke off and lost, smoothing everything out and basically making one price out of two of the header grille. It's all good fun. 045.jpg046.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

Bill

Reaction score
Headergrill and Lower valance repaired and primed.

022.jpg

239.jpg

239.jpg

022.jpg

024.jpg

Last edited:
Back