• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi from Brisbane, Australia

crash520

Reaction score
Hi Team, nice to be here, looking forward to plenty ofgood chats.
I have a 1973 (Dec 72 build) Cuda, triple black. its a completely un molesteredfactory original car, has had its tires changed. I have the original broadcastsheets, dealer window sticker and lots of other paperwork, car was sold inPortland OR in Jan 73 and has stayed up in the Nth west since, pics attached. Ihas a couple of very small rust spots under the vinyl below the rear windowonly, other than that its clean. Enjoy
Greg

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Ray

Reaction score
Welcome. Very nice car. I was unaware chin spoilers were an option in 73 I am sure someone will correct me.

crash520

Reaction score
They werent, they have since been removed. unfortunately the guy who I purchased it from has also painted out the red trim around the grill openings to black!!!! AAAGGGHHHH,

Ray

Reaction score
They werent, they have since been removed. unfortunately the guy who I purchased it from has also painted out the red trim around the grill openings to black!!!! AAAGGGHHHH,

Easy fix. Keep us updated with your progress.

crash520

Reaction score
The patchwork on the rear left has been fixed as well, it does need paint, will be doing that next year. from what I can tell it has had two minor repairs, one on the left rear, looks like it had a minor rub from just behind the door to ??, looking inside there is no signs of panel beating, shrinking or creases so Im guessing it was a minor rub that required a touch up hence the red undercoat patches under the black paint. the other is right on the right rear corner under the trim around the tail lights, it has been pulled back out, pretty good job but needs some detailed attention to get it perfect, unless I actually pointed it out no one would pick it..
The plan is to put some nice wheels under it to fill the guards (18x9 and 17x8), pull the motor and trans and store it, drop a 408 into it, headers and pipes and a suretrack centre. Upgrade the bushes, steering box, fast ratio arms,and so on. All to increase ride and performance etc. The key thing is, I DONT WANT TO mod the body at all, nor risk screwing the original block. any changes I do MUST be able to be simply unbolted and replaced with the original parts as it is an all matching original. The only thing I might do is put in torque box's and connectors as a permanant mod. oh, and remove the V5X strip on the side, fortunatley its screwed on and not held on with welded studs (had it been studs I would not remove them) the screw holes can be covered/filled and if needed re drilled should the need arrise one day.
I have Aaron Beck to thank for inspiration to styling.

Greg

Last edited:

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Hey Greg, Those pictures look very familiar. Glad you started a thread. Some very knowledgeable members here. Like I told you, very nice car. Welcome aboard

jeffv21

Reaction score
Very Nice car Crash. Funny you have a completely stock car you are going to modifiy, I have a 72 Cuda that I am trying to get back to stock. Everyone has things that are most important to them. Did you find this car in Australia?

crash520

Reaction score
Jeff,
I am very aware of its originality, I have restored many vintage cars over the years so am a stickler for correctness however, this one I want to personalize a little on the basis that it MUST be able to be reverted back at any stage with relative ease. For now anyway, who know, I may end up leaving it as it is.
It was imported into Australia in Jan this year, sold to a guy in Melbourne who has since retired and needed to move on one of his cars for funds, what it equated to was, I bought the car for the equivalent cost of buying it in the US for US$21K. I would have been then up for shipping and exchange rates to get it here so for US$21K, I think I did ok. Dealer window sticker below.
dealer.jpg

dealer sticker.jpg

dealer sticker.jpg

dealer.jpg

Last edited:
Back