• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Installing a trans in the old days by yourself; the way we old timers had to do it!

440WB

Reaction score
I bench pressed the four speed back into my Cuda one afternoon after high school. Feeling all proud of myself, I told my dad about my progress when he got home from work. He looked at the work bench in the garage and pointed out the new throwout bearing still sitting there in the box. :mad:
several times in and out - forgetting and learning the term Frustration Lesson while getting thru the project with bloody finders covered in grease/dirt

440WB

Reaction score
several times in and out - forgetting and learning the term Frustration Lesson while getting thru the project with bloody finders covered in grease/dirt
and about the time installing my New Clutch without scuffing the Glazed Pressure Plate. Could not figure out why my car would not go faster then 10 mph!

Last edited:

rklein71

Reaction score
I bench pressed the four speed back into my Cuda one afternoon after high school. Feeling all proud of myself, I told my dad about my progress when he got home from work. He looked at the work bench in the garage and pointed out the new throwout bearing still sitting there in the box. :mad:
As a youngster, I put in a clutch disc backwards, oops.

pschlosser

Reaction score
I've replaced a few 727s, and the building block process works well to elevate the tranny. It is now my "goto" when a jack isn't an option.

But there was one time I wrestled one in laying on my back, after a friend helped me move the tranny onto my chest. It took every bit of my strength to get it in there. I recall this event, because I think it got me laid. A pretty young female bystander was so impressed by my tranny heroics, she asked me out, and we dated for a time.

sure-thing.jpg

Back