• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

K memeber difference?

01freeman

Reaction score
I want to know if a 6 cylinder K member will work with a 340. I have a K member from a 6 cylinder challenger and want to use it for my 340 challenger that needs one. If not what is the difference.
Thanks

ramenth

Reaction score
Difference? Mounts.

You can use that K if you want.

www.engine-swaps.com

Schumacher has kits that will allow you to bolt your 340 to that K. Put a bigger set of t-bars on it and you're good.

74 challenger

Reaction score
ramenth is right,i would get a new k-frame.They are cheap but you got to do what you can afford.

01freeman

Reaction score
here are some pictures of my K member in my car is it a 6 cylinder or V-8 K member

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

bad440

Reaction score
Definitely a difference between 6 and 8, V8 does not mount to 6 cylinder K frame; one exception though if you purchase Schumaker mounts the V8 will bolt onto the 6 cylinder K frame, probably cheapest and easiest way to go.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Definitely a difference between 6 and 8, V8 does not mount to 6 cylinder K frame; one exception though if you purchase Schumaker mounts the V8 will bolt onto the 6 cylinder K frame, probably cheapest and easiest way to go.
I agree , this info is correct

Back