• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOUND No longer needed- 1970 'Cuda - Steel Hood Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSmithTN

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a pair of hood springs for a 1970 'Cuda with a steel hood.

My 'Cuda had a fiberglass shaker hood on it when I purchased it, I have since changed to a steel hood.
I have not been able to locate a set of springs without buying the springs and hinges together.

Can someone tell me if there is a vendor or an individual that may possibly have just the springs.

Thank You in Advance
Jeff

pschlosser

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not seen a vendor selling only the hood springs for a steel hood. Sure, they sell them for the fiberglass AAR hood. You may need to buy a set of hinges, use the springs, and resell the hinges without springs. May as well sell the AAR springs, too.

JSmithTN

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for responding, I let the softer springs go with the fiberglass hood.
I believe that you are right, I see myself buying a set of hinges and springs in the near future.
Thanks

floyd

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of springs. They’re off a Challenger and I’m not sure if cuda springs are are different. These have 18-19 coils depending on how you count.

IMG_9111.jpeg

floyd

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found an old post on Moparts from Resto Rick (Hood hinge and all around mopar detail buddha) According to Rick there are four different hood springs for E-bodies:

TA
AAR
Smaller dia (1.75”) - 70-74 Cuda w/o shaker.
Larger dia (2.0”) - 70-74 Challenger all & 70-74 Cuda w/shaker

I also found an old for sale ad in this site with a set of original 70 cuda rallye hood hinges with springs. Can’t tell if the diameter is smaller but I count 22 coils on the springs.

IMG_9112.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back