• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What is it worth???

mjb765

Reaction score
I have a 1970 Challenger R/T that I was restoring that I may have to sell. It has a non-matching #'s 383 and a 4sp with an 8 3/4 rear and a rallye dash. It has a good frame, new floors, SSBC front disc brakes, new brake lines and a new gas tank. It needs rear 1/4's, front fenders, front seats, carpeting and a dash pad. I have the fender tag and all body vin's match, but I don't have a build sheet. It is Go Mango with a black vinyl top. What is something like this worth??? Maybe $12K ??

Challenger.jpg

engine.jpg

chasduster

Reaction score
Welcome to the site and nice car, I love that color combo....We need to see some more pics of that car..... Not sure what its worth... If it needs all that stuff you say it needs that will cost someone allot of cabbage, to have a good resto shop do it and do it right..... The body work and paint alone is in the thousands..... Drive it the way it is...

mjb765

Reaction score
We all know the bodywork and paint is in the thousands....it is a big block, 4 speed R/T with fender tag-not a clone. I am not looking to "drive it the way it is". It needs to go to someone who wants to finish what I started. Doors open and close nice. I have front seats which need to be redone. Rear seat and headliner are good. Car drives and stops good--except clutch is starting to go. New front disc brake conversion and all new brake lines and master cylinder. New Mopar electronic ignition.
Here are a few more pics

Dash.jpg

Left Side.jpg

LF Floor.jpg

LF Inner Fender.jpg

Rear.jpg

Right Side.jpg

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That is a nice project and it looks like you have done some nice work on it already, but it is still a big project and I'm thinking 12K is a bit steep. Market is down right now for the majority I'm thinkin' between 8 and 9K, but you never know, good luck and welcome to the site, you may have come to the right place.

cudavert71

Banned
Reaction score
hey the markets not down!!people are saying that but i still see the prices are the same, just not alot of people buying right now, im sure youll get your asking price for it, its a 70rt big block, 4 speed you say well worth 12k easy!!! prob could get more!!hold on to it til someone comes up with the money it will sell!!!!

burntorange70

Reaction score
Looks like a nice car. Good starting point for a resto. I would think you could get 12K for it. Mabby more if you find the right buyer. Welcome to FEBO.

cudavert71

Banned
Reaction score
you really should have started the price at 16k to 20k now your just gonna get low ball offers on it!! i seen 72 to 74 challengers for more that 12k and there ugly!!!

chasduster

Reaction score
Yea what cudavert said....That car is worth more than 12 grand.... for sure...

DetMatt1

Reaction score
you really should have started the price at 16k to 20k now your just gonna get low ball offers on it!! i seen 72 to 74 challengers for more that 12k and there ugly!!!

Cudavert71, how can you say that this car is worth more than 12K and that Beepahs beautiful big block Baracuda is only worth 20K? Doesn't make much sense to me.:confused:

cudavert71

Banned
Reaction score
Cudavert71, how can you say that this car is worth more than 12K and that Beepahs beautiful big block Baracuda is only worth 20K? Doesn't make much sense to me.:confused:
thats simple the cuda is a plane jane auto on the colume in all blue one of the worse color combos out there, if the guy with the cuda does some changes to his car it could make it worth alot more, simple changes just in the look, the challenger is an 70 rt big block 4sp, , how can you say its only worth 8-9k???

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
thats simple the cuda is a plane jane auto on the colume in all blue one of the worse color combos out there, if the guy with the cuda does some changes to his car it could make it worth alot more, simple changes just in the look, the challenger is an 70 rt big block 4sp, , how can you say its only worth 8-9k???
For starters, it doesn't have its original drivetrain. Judging by the pics, it requires a full resto to be brought up to the condition that Beepahs car is. How much do you think that will cost?, not less than 20K and that is likely conservative, especially if you hire it done. These are obviously all opinions and everyone has there likes and dislikes, hell I like both cars in ? here, personally, a blue on blue big block `70 baracuda, mint cond. w/ I think its original drivetrain would be hard to beat. Wondering what you think this Challenger would be worth if it was restored to Beepahs cars standard.

cudavert71

Banned
Reaction score
For starters, it doesn't have its original drivetrain. Judging by the pics, it requires a full resto to be brought up to the condition that Beepahs car is. How much do you think that will cost?, not less than 20K and that is likely conservative, especially if you hire it done. These are obviously all opinions and everyone has there likes and dislikes, hell I like both cars in ? here, personally, a blue on blue big block `70 baracuda, mint cond. w/ I think its original drivetrain would be hard to beat. Wondering what you think this Challenger would be worth if it was restored to Beepahs cars standard.
that barracuda was restored in a guys garage so he prob has a few grand into it at most, and if some1 pays 20k to restore any car that would be nuts unless its rare, that challenger if its a real rt 4sp big block car is worth the same as that cuda being restored,

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
that barracuda was restored in a guys garage so he prob has a few grand into it at most, and if some1 pays 20k to restore any car that would be nuts unless its rare, that challenger if its a real rt 4sp big block car is worth the same as that cuda being restored,

I'm thinking you haven't restored a car yet, how much do you think it costs?, A decent paint job, unless you do it yourself, is 5K, and if you do do it yourself you have likely spent big money on a place to be able to paint. If a project car needs floors, most do, quarters, probably wheelhouses, have you seen the cost of these things?. How about restoring your whole interior, or rebuilding the drivetrain, restoring all of the brightwork. It is near impossible to restore a car that is not already rock solid for less than 15K. It is also very difficult to buy project cars for 5 or 10K and think you will be able to restore them to mint condition and then be able to sell them for more then you have into them. Most people don't even expect to make money at this, that is not what it is all about.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
i restore cars!! i know what it cost, bodyshop rip guys off, u think that barracuda is a show car?? its a driver dude. i tell all the guys a know buy the right car, no challengers unless there rare and no 70 barracudas, too many of them out there, im guess u must be new to these cars!!
Got my first one in `85, `68 Charger, I am doing a full resto on a `68 RR currently. Never said Beepah's car was a show car, just really nice!. I don't think there are to many of any of these cars left out there, ANY of these cars that are left should be treasured, no matter how they were optioned. I'm certainly not saying that you aren't entitled to an opinion, but maybe you could be a little more open to other peoples preferances.
All due respect of course!.

cudavert71

Banned
Reaction score
Got my first one in `85, `68 Charger, I am doing a full resto on a `68 RR currently. Never said Beepah's car was a show car, just really nice!. I don't think there are to many of any of these cars left out there, ANY of these cars that are left should be treasured, no matter how they were optioned. I'm certainly not saying that you aren't entitled to an opinion, but maybe you could be a little more open to other peoples preferances.
All due respect of course!.
i know what you mean but i call it the way i see it!! too many guys out there just telling other guys what they want too hear just to make them feel good, the truth is the best way!!! just my opion of coarse lol!!

mjb765

Reaction score
I appreciate all of the opinions. Maybe I will list it in the selling section for 15K and see what happens. To be honest I would be happy with 12K right now. If not...maybe I will keep it and continue on with the resto when I have the money. It is an original 383 car with a 3speed that was replaced with an A833 4sp. Easy enough to go back to the 3sp if you really wanted to....

Last edited:
Back