• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

17inch WHEELS ON YOUR MOPARS

spchallenger340

Reaction score
Do you think that 17 inch wheels Fill up your fender wells looks better? :confused: Post pic...

Picture012.jpg

rollingoldes006.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
I think a lot of it depends on the wheel. Some of the aftermarket stuff doesn't look right, even if they were in the stock 14" or 15". The Cragars in the pics you posted up look good.

For some of us there's almost no choice but to step up. The plans for my '74 are to be a canyon carver, running hot laps at WGI while still keeping it street worthy. For tire selection 17" or bigger is a going to be a must.

burntorange70

Reaction score
I think a lot of it depends on the wheel. Some of the aftermarket stuff doesn't look right, even if they were in the stock 14" or 15". The Cragars in the pics you posted up look good.

For some of us there's almost no choice but to step up. The plans for my '74 are to be a canyon carver, running hot laps at WGI while still keeping it street worthy. For tire selection 17" or bigger is a going to be a must.

X2

A lot of the "big rims" out there just don't look right to me. But some do. I like the ones on your car spchallenger. You did a nice job picking them out. The ones on this Demon look good too. Think they are 18's.

Big rims are needed for a car built for handeling to keep the tire side wall flex down.

To each there own is what it rely comes down to.

There not for me but I am more of a strait line drag guy. I am not against them just a little old school is all even though I am only 29:D

Cheryl_Demon1.jpg

greenmonsta79

Reaction score
I am putting a set of 17x9's on the front and 17x10.5" on the back of my 71 Challenger 5 spoke powder coated argent with machined lip (Actually for Mustang!) They basically look like a oversized Torque Thrust! Ive seen 22's on a Challenger before and it looked ridiculous! I like the Challenger with the 17's but my only gripe is those body colored dust covers?? Im not a big dust cover fan! I guess I will want to show off my Wilwood disc brake equipped Dana 60! To each his own though!

greenmonsta79

Reaction score
I dont get your drift, those orange things behind your 17's look to me like aftermarket brake dust shields! And I would know all about owning a Mopar when it wasnt cool, I have had my Challenger for over 16 years and drive only Mopars! My grandfather owned a Dodge Chrysler Plymouth dealership from 1965 to 1991, Dad drove a Superbird for awhile when it was new along with his share of stories, I also have a 72 Dart Swinger, wife drives a 06 Charger and we have 2 Dodge truc:Dks!

spchallenger340

Reaction score
Ok you built my understanding;) And give your family a big Mopar hug. Not to many people are lucky enough to have memories like that. What I miss is talking to people like your Dad and Grandfather :D

Last edited:

burntorange70

Reaction score
Burnt orange, is that your Duster? Looks REALLY good! :D

No it is not. Wish it was. LOL That is a member of FABO's car. She has put a lot of work in to it. Going to get a closer look at it next month. She is taking it to MATS.

I know it is hard to tell from the pic but it is a Demon not a Duster.

Brads70

Reaction score
No it is not. Wish it was. LOL That is a member of FABO's car. She has put a lot of work in to it. Going to get a closer look at it next month. She is taking it to MATS.

I know it is hard to tell from the pic but it is a Demon not a Duster.
Now that you say that the Demon badge sticks out clearly! LOL beautiful car anyhow!:thumbsup:

vegas70340

Reaction score
I am looking at a set of 17x7 and 17x8 Polished or Chrome Cragar 500's for my 1970 Challenger.The tires will be a 50 series.The 40 serires may be too short in height for me.

burntorange70

Reaction score
I am looking at a set of 17x7 and 17x8 Polished or Chrome Cragar 500's for my 1970 Challenger.The tires will be a 50 series.The 40 serires may be too short in height for me.

Depends on how wide a tire your going with but even some thing like a 275/40/17 would be a little over 25' tall.

Back