• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger 340 exhaust manifolds

DY31970

Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning on getting a set of used 340 exhaust manifolds for my 1970 Challenger and using Accurate Exhaust's factory exact exhaust system. The casting numbers would be left #2863553 and right #2863549. I've seen a couple of pairs for sale. One with quite a bit of pitting and one with the heat riser welded shut. If I'm allowed to ask, what would be a fair price for a pair in pretty good to good shape, all original with the heat valves still in place? There was a company making reproductions of the manifolds but they aren't producing them anymore.

floyd

Reaction score
Asking prices seem to range from 600-900 for nice manifolds IMO

DY31970

Reaction score
At Herb's parts website, they have a listing for reproduction 1968-70 exhaust manifold set. The description says the manufacturer discontinued them. Herb's is looking into having another company cast them.

jt4406

Reaction score
I have a set for sale, though they are dated a little early to be "date code correct" for an E body. PM me for more info.
jess in ky

Beekeeper

Reaction score
I recently went through this. Bought a set online only to have my money refunded weeks later being told they were no longer being made. If Herbs has any in stock, I’d grab them.

I found an okay set for 600 plus shipping.

As a side note, I put them in my 71 Barracuda with the accurate system including resonators with down turned tips. Absolutely love it. A tad droney at idle but very quiet above idle. Being a convertible, quiet is good for me but on my other cars, I’m going with the magnum mufflers (or whatever they’re called) to make it a little louder. Fit is fabulous but you’ll need to lift the passenger side of the motor a couple inches to shoehorn the HP manifold over the forward stud that goes into the water jacket. Pretty easy.

DY31970

Reaction score
Thanks Beekeeper. Herb's doesn't have any left in stock. I'll keep looking for an original set. My car is a 318 so I'll probably have to lift the engine also, as the 318 and 340 motors have the same exterior dimensions. Good to know that the fit of the Accurate System is excellent and that it has a good sound. I read that the Chrysler engineers designed the exhaust system so the sound would be quiet in the interior of the car but still have performance.

Katfish

Reaction score
I also had the factory 340 HP manifolds, but had them hooked up to TTI exhaust and it worked perfectly.

340 Slapstick

Reaction score
I have a set for sale, though they are dated a little early to be "date code correct" for an E body. PM me for more info.
jess in ky
Hey Jess,
I was wondering if you still have the exhaust manifolds. I need a pair for my 1970 barracuda with stock exhaust. LMK thanks

jt4406

Reaction score
Yes sir. jess

1656123514735.png

Back