• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 Challenger SE overhead console

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
This overhead console was in my 70 R/T SE when I got it in 1990. No one was repoing the SE headliner so I went with a Bowed headliner in my car. This Console has been in my loft for over 30 years and is a candidate for rebuild or parts. The mold itself is in good shape but would need new velvet. The light is missing and the light mounting bracket has some issues. The Argent silver needs new paint.
$100.00 shipped from 54703 to USA. Out of US will add some shipping cost.

100_1040.JPG

100_1041.JPG

100_1042.JPG

100_1043.JPG

100_1044.JPG

100_1045.JPG

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will that fit in a bowed headliner or did the SE have a cardboard headliner?

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't think it will work with a bowed headliner without fabricating some mounting hardware. Also the SE had extra switches in the door jamb for the door ajar light and a relay mounted under the dash for the low fuel light. Plus wiring from the seat belts. And yes, the headliner was a large formed single panel.

oneof52

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The headliner for the console is a perforated thick molded cardboard. The consolette gets attached to the cardboard. The edges are reinforced for the visors. Without the cardboard in a very good (not water damaged) condition, it is very difficult. One other option is to fabricate a base that the consolette will attach to. The 3 lights are "door Ajar, Low Fuel and Seat Belts.

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You learn something every time you just glance through the posts here.

resronut

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a person who reproduces the SE headliner exactly as new. I bought one for my 1970 383 RT SE and it fir well and was well made but the cost is high and shipping is $$$. SE Headliners is the web site.

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice! At least someone finally tooled up for a much needed part. I wish it would have been available back in the 90's when I needed it. I kept the parts from mine so still have the Fuel relay that is on this site for sale along with the sail panel retainers. Things that one would need to finish a new installation.

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! At least someone finally tooled up for a much needed part. I wish it would have been available back in the 90's when I needed it. I kept the parts from mine so still have the Fuel relay that is on this site for sale along with the sail panel retainers. Things that one would need to finish a new installation.
And it has to be about 100% easier to install than the bowed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back