• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Pro Touring AAR Cuda (not a real AAR of course)

daryld

Reaction score
Sorry for the late
Hi Daryl,
GREAT job!.

I was looking at going the 6.1 route.
I have a 73 Cuda.
Questions;:)
What do you have to do as far a the K frame to fit the engine?
I know you have the TKO600 but you may know the next question.
I would like to keep my A833 4 speed, any mod's required? (bell housing, flywheel, tail shaft changes)
What size rims and tires do you have on the front?
Thanks,

Sorry for the late reply. The car had a Magnumforce set up when I bought it so I kept it. If I was buying today I would go with Gerst hands down.

Your four speed should not require any mods. Just the correct clutch, flywheel and bellhousing. You may want to gear down a bunch because not having an OD sucks.

My fronts are 19x9 w 4” BS. Running a 275/35. It does rub in tight turns even though we trimmed the outer fender as much as possible but this is more due to the car being so low.

Hope this helps.

daryld

Reaction score
I used mechanical and can sell you the whole cluster w the gauges and even have a brand knew tach to match. Just email me at [email protected].

i built a custom cluster with different gauges so the ones pictured are now for sale. All
Anyone would have to do is pull yours out, wire these in and bolt the cluster in.

daryld

Reaction score
Looks really nice.

Those are some knock off Viper seats. The recline forward but not backwards. They are a manual slide. These are for sale and in excellent condition. I just had a custom interior done so they are now available. Just email me at [email protected] if interested. Thx

What seats are those?

daryld

Reaction score
I am starView attachment 65962 ting a 340 to 5.7 hemi (pull out engine from a Chry 300) swap in Jan 2020. The 70 Cuda has a TKO 600 xmission as well as electronic ignition. What were your costly mistakes. What items should I ensure come with the engine? ECM, accessories (serpentine system items), and starter. Anything else that I have not thought of?

Great question but has a long answer. Make sure you get the serpentine system although you will probably have to change the PS pump because the have too much pressure and possibly the A/C compressor depending on your suspension. Bouchillon Performance can help you with this. You will need an after market ECM system to don’t worry about that. I used the Mopar Performance Plug and Play because I had no intension of altering the engine and it was one of the most cost effective, and complete, systems available. Get the 45 degree oil filter neck. If you want power brakes go with a hydroboost system because vacuum pumps do not work well with these engines. I used the Tanks Inc gas tank set up for FI and bought 6AN lines of Ebay that were black braided. Any decent 6AN fuel filter but buy a branded fuel pressure regulator w a gauge because the cheap one I bought caused vapor lock type of issues. You may need a shorter quick connect fuel line connector if you intend to use stock style coil covers.

Think that is it for the most part. Good luck!

Back