• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOUND 383 Main Bearing Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumCrazyCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a set of main bearing caps for a '71 383 engine. I bought an engine and the guy said he had them, but now he can't find them.

Any year 383-400 should work. Anyone have a set laying around? With or without bolts...

Thanks,

Chuck

PlumCrazyCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have the caps but I do have an entire 71 engine, I am north of you in WA.
Hoping to find just caps or someone with damaged block, that's willing to separate. The engine I bought is really close VIN to the car...
I don't want to pay to ship an engine.
Thx

70chall440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely understand although if it were me I would not waste a second looking for such a thing. It is not the original engine no matter how close the VIN is, so incorrect remains incorrect or as the ads say "NOM". I serious doubt anyone would car if the numbers were close or not, although it might be a conversation point. Personally I'd drop a 440 in and be off to the races or better yet a G3 Hemi, but that just me.

I am not hating on you at all, I am just saying that this numbers game has gotten way out of hand. My 70 Challenger is a U code car and it does have a 440 that is evidentially in the correct date range for the car (someone before me was attempting to bamboozle someone). Didn't and doesn't matter to me one iota, I only care that its a 440 not because that it what it came with because that is the largest (CI) engine I could get without stroking the engine (although I would in a second).

My 71 Charger came with a 71 engine that came out of probably a C body, the guy I got the car from was basically doing the same deal, same year engine for the year of car which I totally do not understand. Anyway, that car is getting a 2019 5.7 Hemi.

Anyway, good luck, its a free country and you should chase whatever dream you have.

PlumCrazyCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, I would just get a different 383, but I was looking for a 71 "G" code engine, which I haven't been able to find locally. Not going to pay a ton of $$$ to ship an engine here. At this point it's almost throwing good $$$ after bad, I'm just trying to keep from wasting the $350 that I paid for the engine.
I know what you mean on the date coding stuff. I'm also building a 71 Challenger (orig 318) with a gen III hemi (hopefully a 6.4L) and 8-speed auto. 71 looks and new car driveability. Bodywork is done and ready for paint. Been buying up parts as I can afford them, long/slow process.

Take Care, Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back