• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Cuda fenders (Original Steel)

John h

Reaction score
Hi All.
Some background and then my question. In 1987 (I was 16 years old) I bought some barracuda fenders at a swap meet to replace my very rusted 1973 Cuda fenders. I had no clue what the differences were in E body cars except knowing chall vs Cuda. The person I bought from thought they were 1970 because they had the longer inset marker light vs the outset block marker light on the 72-74 cudas and only 1 headlight bucket. No Gills. 2 years later I had them mounted at a now out of business body shop along with some new quarters grafted on. 1 year later I had the bodywork finished, paint and the assembly done by a different shop, also now out of business. The 73 grill never fit very well. it does not seem to get all the way to the sides of the fenders and trim rings don't line up with the headlights. I was out of money and time going to school, getting married and starting a family. Fast forward 30+ years... I'm trying to figure out the differences in the fenders to figure out if I can ever get my grill to fit properly. I know the side marker lights are different but I can live with that. I'm trying to figure out if I should buy new re-pop 72-74 fenders or look for OE fenders Used of course or just try to make what I have work. The current fenders are painted to match the rest of the car and also have my preferred stripe, not the 73 Stripe. all of that would have to be re-done and since the paint job is 30+ the whole car should be prepped and re-worked. what are peoples thought on this? what are good 1970 used fenders worth if I buy new and sell what I have? is it worth trying to trade for the correct fenders? I'll update this post later with a pick of the grill fitment.

Thanks in advance.
John

20200304_205033.jpg

20200304_205101.jpg

Last edited:
Back