• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 ply Chassis Manuel

Cudafever

Reaction score
Any body have a 70 ply Chassis Manuel with frame Spec's?

I have search E-Bay, Year One and many other places. I can find a 71 ply chassis manual but, i already have one of those.

OK this is why.
Tried to install my frame connectors and found that it pointed to torsion bar mount on the front segment.

Bought a plumb bob and opened up my 71 chassis manual and used the frame spec's in the back for a Barracuda.

From "k" member frame bolt, to rear spring hanger, its close enough to call it in spec. How ever, when measuring from the front segment, of the rear spring bracket bolt, to the rear spring hanger bolt........... It is bent in 1 and 3/4 of a inch (1.75") Equally on both sides.

With 1970 being the first year of the E body, there is a possibility that they did some minor changes on the 71 model year.
So I'm not so sure i can rely on these spec's when i pull it back into place................

If any one has a 70 chassis manual and could post up a photo of it or simply give me the spec measurements i mention below I would be grateful.

or post a link to were i can buy one. Thanks.

Cudafever

Reaction score
Dave many thank! When you gave me the Page......well i was being brain dead and though it was pages 23 through 187:cwm10:

A little slow but i figure it out, Sect 23- page 187

Any ways the number are the same as the 71 chassis manual.

Now, i just have to decide if I'm going to try and push the sub frame back out with a port a power or have a body shop do it........... Going to try and get a price tomorrow.

THANKS AGAIN DAVE.:icon_smile:

Last edited:

Cudafever

Reaction score
Thought i would up date this thread.

Took my Cuda to a body/frame shop and had them look at it. it wasn't nearly as bad as i thought. They talk me into different frame connector and hand them install it on the frame table.

No more front frame twist.
Got my 408 installed and it still lifts nice and straight, hook way better then i would have thought. traction may become a problem when i change out my non brand 3000 stall converter(11") with a 4200(9-1/2") for next year:icon_winkle:

HPP

Reaction score
From "k" member frame bolt, to rear spring hanger, its close enough to call it in spec. How ever, when measuring from the front segment, of the rear spring bracket bolt, to the rear spring hanger bolt........... It is bent in 1 and 3/4 of a inch (1.75") Equally on both sides.

If you are talking about the spring mounting locations, all E bodies are designed to have the front hangers inboard of the rear hangers. Its called splayed mounting arrangement and it is a handling aid that reduces rear roll steer. I believe this measurement is 1.67* inset. The post '71 B bodies have it in the opposite direction and F bodies have it similar to E bodies.

Back