• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB 71 Challenger Grille

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took me a couple 2 or 3 weeks to get my hands on one last year I bought a couple with the intention of having one or both scanned and printed or an injection mold made. I even spoke with a guy over at classic industries about why they haven't re-popped them and was told they did everything but make them he even showed me a pic of the engineering work they had done. The short of it is limited production of the 71 year model made it not cost effective to reproduce. I wanna say the guys here helped and facebook marketplace be patient but persistent their out there just not everywhere.

chally71e

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I had the same idea to help people with this problem. I'd like with how classy the grilles are a lot of people would want them, even for 73s 74s etc even though they aren't original. I've been semi looking on and off for about 5 years.

OER is working on a repro one supposedly according to their website. But its said pre orders will be notified when its available to ship. I suspect they are seeing how many orders they get to determine if they should make a mold. I'd have to think even making one in multiple pieces which bolts together is better than not having one.

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its made out of at least 6 pieces now. The 2 scoops have 2 chrome moldings and mount panel the more I think about it its probably made out of more pieces than that. While replying this and I looked down and there my search is.. Dec 22 and I still haven't installed either one of them. I bought a Duster and my rental properties kept me pretty busy this year as well. The Duster was probably not well thought out but I'll make it badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back