• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Black suede paint

hsb shadow

Reaction score
I was looking for suggestions as to what people have used to refinish their dash and ashtrays on cudas and challengers. I know it calls for black suede and I was wondering is there anything that's easy to use. I've already used organisol on the tail panel out of spray can with excellent results. Thank you in advance

hsb shadow

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I also seen an sem textured paint that they have out and I didn't know if anybody had used that.

floyd

Reaction score
A friend shared a technique that worked very well for me. Three paints required, all spray can. SEM self etching black primer over bare metal. Follow with a very light misting of Rustoleum textured black paint (fogged from 12-18 inches away). Final step - Top coat(s) of SEM Trim Black.

Adam

Reaction score
I like Hot Rod Flatz paint. It comes in different sheens and is a catalyzed urethane. It is much tougher and more durable than rattle can paint. It is also very forgiving/easy to spray, just follow the directions.

hsb shadow

Reaction score
Thanks for suggestions. I do have access to an hlvp gun and or the painter of the car said he'd have no problem shooting the finish on the dash. I had watched the video series by cuda Cody and he had talked about using suede black paint. I was just curious what other options were out there and what you guys used. Thanks

Back