• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

BP Engine and Trans Arrived

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
Happy Saturday All, just a quick update; my Blue Print Engine’s 360 (408) and 727 Trans arrived. A big thank you to Johnny Mac at BPE! The engine arrived very well packaged in a wooden crate. The Trans was packed in a heavy duty cardboard box which was strapped to a wooden pallet. FedEx moved both from his truck into the garage; I didn’t have to do a thing.
- Now, need some warm to pull the 318/908, some clean up in the engine bay, and drop in the engine/Trans combo tge Barracuda deserves.
- Thank you all here at For E-Bodies Only! I appreciate your recommendation of BPEs!

9FC68D02-6C9F-4CD0-8ABE-B2F46B80EEA9.jpeg

sir_veza

Reaction score
Excellent choice of motor.
I've got the older version (installed in my Challenger in 2006) and still love it. Got 25K miles since installed almost 15 years ago. Only had to change the rear main seal and head gaskets thus far. Otherwise no real issues.
Mine came with a Mighty Demon 825 carb which I quickly replaced with a Holley 750. You'll love the flat tappet cam that sounds awesome on it too. (I'm sure you know you need to use a high zinc oil). Take it easy on the break in though.

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
Dear FEBO family, hope all your Mopar projects are going well.
I haven’t provided any updates in awhile, so here’s a quick recap of the past few months.
- My Barracuda has been relocated to a friends workshop. He owns a trucking business and uses the shop to work on his rigs. His shop has all the tools needed for a simple engine swap. The best tool has been the forklift:)
- After removing the non-matching 318 & 904 (which went to another Mopar’s house for continued life), my friend recommended that we clean up the engine and fill in the 50 year’s worth of holes created by previous owners. Oh, body work isn’t fun and takes way too much time (to do it correctly)
- We also welded in the radiator lower support bracket from US Car Tool. I have the rest of the chassis stiffening brackets, but that’ll have to wait for now.
- I replaced the hardened fuel lines to the larger size
- The original windshield was removed so we can repair some minor rust holes in the frame and cowl. Again, slow going. Especially since I don’t want to tear up the vinyl roof.
- I mounted the BP Engine on the stand to test fit the TTI Shorty Headers. Made a list of all of the ankle biter stuff to get; motor mounts, new hoses, sensors, etc
- Ordered / received the CVF serpentine system in black. Along with the pulleys, it came with the one-wire GM alternator, and new power steering pump.
- Progress is slow. Working on the car on the weekends and occasionally after getting off of work.
- Oh, all of the “might as wells” listed above, I’d like to add another; replace the dash pad. I’ve done dash pad search here on FEBO, lots of good advice (go with steel structure and not plastic). Searching on line, well, looks like a black 71-74 Cuda w/o AC are all out of stock. I can wait a couple of months for them to come available again. Don’t need a windshield to install the engine:)
- Well, thank you for your time! Take care and may all your Mopar projects come in under budget and ahead of schedule.

Attachments

• 29BA47FB-E979-43A0-B423-34DD9FBE4AAB.jpeg
    29BA47FB-E979-43A0-B423-34DD9FBE4AAB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
Back