• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

convertible red eye swap

don selleck

Reaction score
considering a red eye swap into my convertible 70 challenger. I know us car tool makes a kit to stiffen up and tie the frame rails together, not sure if this is going to enough to keep this from turning into a pretzel. wondering if anyone out there might have some experience with a convertible ebody with a high horsepower transplant, thanks Don. 70-74 Dodge Challenger E Body Total Chassis Stiffening Pack

Finoke

Reaction score
I have a 70 barracuda convertible 340 and tied The frame rails together and used the inner fender supports. I used the US cartool pieces.

They fit well and really stiffened the car. I wouldn’t buy the whole kit because you already have the front and back torque boxes. It would probably stiffen up further using their rad support piece.

Does you car currently have flex? Jack the front up then open and close each door to check. My car had no flex to start with but I added the pieces in case I wanted to engine swap later.

don selleck

Reaction score
well right now i dont have an engine in it (came that way) no real flex right now, good to know about the torque boxes. will have to check on purchasing the individual pieces I need. thanks for your input.

Back