• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

curious about a 70 R/T convert in Sacremento area

Randy Routt

Reaction score
I once had a 70 440 plum crazy 4 speed body that was sold at the same dealership my hardtop R/T was sold new at. I wound up selling it to my friend Mike, who promised he would offer it back to me if he was going to sell it. He then stripped his 71 R/T Challenger out and put the 440 auto in the convertible. Then drove the car from the deep south to Sacramento. While there he traded the car for a 340 Demon and $1500 . He came back a year or so later and had a sad tale of woe about why he did what he did.
I always wondered if this car is still out there. It was red after he painted it and had a auto in the floor. It was a U code and of course had a Dana from factory with the 4 speed, but as it arrived in Cali, it was 440 auto 8 3/4 equipped.
I have no ability to buy it, can only offer any current owner what info I have on the car and this was in 1979 or 80. If anyone even remembers back that far. Mike's 71 R/T, which was dark green 383 when he bought it was painted white, and the excrementhead he sold the body to sold it to a wrecking yard

Back