• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Elastomeric Bumper

Mesmerized63

Reaction score
Looking at changing out the front bumper on my 70 Cuda and was wondering if anyone has used AAR Stinger fiberglass bumpers in place of rubber bumpers? If so, I was wondering how the fit was and if they are a good option over elastomeric?

Thanks.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Fiberglass always shakes too much at idle. I would take a core steel bumper, strip the chrome cheap way at home, weld the bumper bolts in, shave the bolt heads and prep, prime and paint body color.

fasjac

Reaction score
Years ago ago I had the front fiberglass bumper on my 73 cuda. Looked good. If you go that route, definitely use the rebar.
I changed front and rear to elastomeric. It’s expensive! 6PRTSE has a good point. Tighten the bumpers up the body, weld and grind down the bolts and paint.
The fiberglass will move around from idling or driving and scuff the paint.
Good luck to you earlier way. Let us see it when you’re finished.

EDAAB532-A976-42C1-813C-68E8E95C97DE.jpeg

89C79F05-DA46-47F0-9592-2AB82F0BABAA.jpeg

Last edited:

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
How would you strip / prep a chrome.bumper for paint?
Sand and scuff it down to the bare metal. Unless you have a chemical stripping company near you. Or, I am sure there is some sort of home remedy for chemicals, but haven't tried it myself.

Chryco

Reaction score
Looking at changing out the front bumper on my 70 Cuda and was wondering if anyone has used AAR Stinger fiberglass bumpers in place of rubber bumpers? If so, I was wondering how the fit was and if they are a good option over elastomeric?

Thanks.
if you change your minds let me know, thanks.

Back