• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi-speed autocross - gingerman raceway (sw michigan) sept 14-15, 2013

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
To those who can make it, the wknd of Sat-Sun Sept 14-15, 2013, there will be a Midwest Council of Sports Car Clubs (MCSCC) race wknd in beautiful S.W. Michigan "Gingerman Raceway". Amateur road racing at its best! SEE THESE LINKS FOR INFO.

www.mcscc.org

www.gingermanraceway.com

On Saturday, I will be the "Pace Car" with my T/A for competition wheel-to-wheel road races (about 6-8 30-minute races).

On Sunday will be the club's 4th season event of competition hi-speed Autocross on the road course. I intend to compete that day... good social fun as well! Car classifications can be found under the MCSCC web site. Sunday will include, for each entrant, two 10-15 minute morning practice sessions, and then competition timed runs begin late morning into the afternoon; awards given out ~4pm. Cost for the Sunday hi-speed competition event is ~$140... details to be found and confirmed on the MCSCC website... or see MyAutoEvents.com

Pre-registration for the hi-speed autocross competition (Sunday) is encouraged (to save about 10-15 minutes of morning time) but not required; just show up by about 8am or sooner for registration and your car's safety-tech inspection. Come for the FUN and don't be concerned about the "competition" as many of the entries are into it for the season "points" championship contention (at this time, I am not one of those -- maybe next year).

I'll be camping at the track Friday evening thru Sunday's departure. RVs and tents are welcome at the track site; hotels are ~10 minutes west of the track in South Haven, Mich, along with plenty of restaurants, etc.

On Friday, Sept 13, there is an "open track day" hosted by the race track... see their web-site for details on cost, etc...a very good deal! I probably will not be participating in that Friday's event, although I'll be arriving that day.

So.. I welcome any Mopar road course "handling" enthusiasts to come out for the wknd, camp at the site if you'd like (arrive Saturday to watch the W2W races, and/or for overnight stay, or else at the South Haven hotels), and have some great race fun experience on SUNDAY. There is a possibility of lunchtime track touring each day for spectators, but no guarantee pending the day’s time schedule, etc.

I hope to see some MOPARS at the track. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

T/Ake care!
Mopar Mitch

Back