• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Is this number one

Kato'

Reaction score
The e body convertibles are beautiful and unique. They were only made for two years and have gotten more rare after 50 years.
Prices on the super rare verts with low production numbers; today, hemi's, 6 paks, are too rich for most "regular" car enthusiasts and end up in the hands of collectors or "investors".
I too have always been a performance car enthusiast and like multiple muscle cars, though Mopar e bodies are my personal favorites.
I was the Mopar guy when my brother was the Chevy man and we would bench or actually race each other back in the day. It got rough when he dropped a new long block LS 6 into his 69 Chevelle vs my 383 Challenger RT.

I also appreciate the 69 Camaro having owned one in the late 1970's. It was an SS RS 396 (325 hp version), 4 sp car with factory air in Lemans Blue and white interior. I bought it off the original owner who bought it after he returned from the service. It was a great car.
When I bought my first house in 1980, I needed the money and one of my cars had to go; my A66 Challenger vert or the 69 Camaro.
It was tough, but the Camaro went and I kept the Challenger till this day.

1971 Cudas today are hot among many Cuda fans and are actively sought out because of their uniqueness (grill, fender gills, dual headl lights) and seem to demand a premium price. Would love to see more pictures of yours! Best of luck with your new Cuda :steering:

Kato'

Reaction score
DC14E078-CA09-436C-AF78-058650CFA341.jpeg
16905D0E-76FA-4CB9-A584-7A9E6EF661F0.jpeg
I think you made the right choice as much as I love 69 Camaro‘s the E bodies have always been my favourite too. I Was a lucky kid who had an uncle who would pick me up on Saturdays in his 1970 Cuda Lemmon twist yellow with a white interior 4 gear. On the trailer behind it was a dark green 1970 hemi Challenger 4 gear. We would Drive to Cayuga Raceway and I would watch him race the challenger. That’s what hooked me with the E bodies. When I bought my 71 Cuda it was in a body shop getting ready to be painted. I didn’t like some of the work that Shop had done so I decided to do a complete rotisserie restoration on it. It is now strip down and on the rotisserie. Here’s a picture of my 69 Camaro RSSS convert. And a couple of pictures of the Cuda. Not much to look at yet.
EDD3F2E5-F8FD-412B-B09B-BF1EE05DE696.jpeg
Send me some of yours I would love to see them.

2E215A31-6B3B-4DCB-961A-B1C013DA6A37.jpeg

340challconvert

Reaction score
Great looking 69 Camaro in a great color; and a convertible to boot.
The 71 Cuda looks like a great project.
I have a resto thread here on my Y1, A66 Challenger vert.
I will look for some pics of the Camaro.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
Welcome to the research jungle. And if my memory serves me. (Which hasn't always been full proof.) Tracking older Chevys can even be worse? We then learn what the numbers say and what actually happened at the factory can be two different things. In the end? Just love what you got. In fact? I target non number's matching cars. Cars who's prices reflect that their not all original. You get more enjoyment driving because miles and wear have less impact on investment. And of course no sin if you have an upgrade idea. Saying all that? Having a #1 year production car from any particular plant certainly doesn't hurt. In fact can add value. If two or more buyers believe it does. If nothing else? It begins the story of your car. So enjoy your ride.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Just as a point of value reference; a 71 Cuda 340 went through the Mecum auction today for $72.5k before the buyer premium. they are maintaining their status as a favorite Cuda model year.
LOT F184 INDY 2020 JULY 10-18
1971 PLYMOUTH CUDA
340/275 HP, Automatic
1971 Plymouth Cuda | F184 | Indy 2020 | Mecum Auctions

The e body convertibles are beautiful and unique. They were only made for two years and have gotten more rare after 50 years.
Prices on the super rare verts with low production numbers; today, hemi's, 6 paks, are too rich for most "regular" car enthusiasts and end up in the hands of collectors or "investors".
I too have always been a performance car enthusiast and like multiple muscle cars, though Mopar e bodies are my personal favorites.
I was the Mopar guy when my brother was the Chevy man and we would bench or actually race each other back in the day. It got rough when he dropped a new long block LS 6 into his 69 Chevelle vs my 383 Challenger RT.

I also appreciate the 69 Camaro having owned one in the late 1970's. It was an SS RS 396 (325 hp version), 4 sp car with factory air in Lemans Blue and white interior. I bought it off the original owner who bought it after he returned from the service. It was a great car.
When I bought my first house in 1980, I needed the money and one of my cars had to go; my A66 Challenger vert or the 69 Camaro.

1971 Cudas today are hot among many Cuda fans and are actively sought out because of their uniqueness (grill, fender gills, dual headl lights) and seem to demand a premium price. Would love to see more pictures of yours! Best of luck with your new Cuda :steering:

Kato'

Reaction score
Wow it’s nice to know but I don’t think I’ll ever sell the car
Just as a point of value reference; a 71 Cuda 340 went through the Mecum auction today for $72.5k before the buyer premium. they are maintaining their status as a favorite Cuda model year.
LOT F184 INDY 2020 JULY 10-18
1971 PLYMOUTH CUDA
340/275 HP, Automatic
1971 Plymouth Cuda | F184 | Indy 2020 | Mecum Auctions

[/QUOTE Thanks for that it’s good to know. I hang onto my cars for a long time it’s always good to know that one day there might be value. Plus this resto is costing me! :)

Kato'

Reaction score

Thanks, I know this might sound old but we grew up in the best times. Nice cars but I’m glad you kept the Challenger that car is stunning! By the way how well did you do against the Chevelle?

340challconvert

Reaction score
My brother hand built a 69 Chevelle and installed a brand new long block LS6 crate engine; everything stock including the factory canted holly carb.
We used to get garage net prices in those days. I recall the whole stock engine set up ran him under $3500 at the time.
He used to able to almost get the front end off the ground with 3:71 gears and street tires. He left my 383 Challenger way behind.
I got even though; I went out a bought a factory 440-6 Challenger with a shaker and 4:10 dana for $1900 (mid 1970's- the good old days) That car gave my bro a Challenge-no pun intended.
Doesn't sound old to me; I loved those days of cheap and available fast Mopars.

Thanks, I know this might sound old but we grew up in the best times. Nice cars but I’m glad you kept the Challenger that car is stunning! By the way how well did you do against the Chevelle?

Kato'

Reaction score
My brother hand built a 69 Chevelle and installed a brand new long block LS6 crate engine; everything stock including the factory canted holly carb.
We used to get garage net prices in those days. I recall the whole stock engine set up ran him under $3500 at the time.
He used to able to almost get the front end off the ground with 3:71 gears and street tires. He left my 383 Challenger way behind.
I got even though; I went out a bought a factory 440-6 Challenger with a shaker and 4:10 dana for $1900 (mid 1970's- the good old days) That car gave my bro a Challenge-no pun intended.
Doesn't sound old to me; I loved those days of cheap and available fast Mopars.
Sounds like a healthy rivalry. Nice come back with the 440-6. The LS6 was rare as hens teeth. if your brother doesn’t have that car he must be kicking himself for selling it. Other than a 69ZL1 Camaro not many cars could beat an LS6, the hemi was its only competition. MAN you’ve had some Nice rides!

Cojohnso

Reaction score
There were more powerful motors in the day than the LS6. Chevy's 427 L88, Mopar's 426 race hemi. Ford's 427 Cammer. These guys easily made more than 500 HP. But getting one in the day was tricky and expensive. You certainly needed to know someone. And most were in cars that wasn't allowed to be registered. (At least officially.) I dont believe any model with that motor combo made the 100 or more sales to be considered "Production." That most certainly had to be by design.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Love the dialogue here on engines; same bench racing I used to do with my brother. That was half the fun. Even today, the Chevy guys argue the merits of an LS6 vs the L88.
I was happy that my 440-6pk could match or come out ahead of of my bro's 69 Chevelle w the LS6. It still blows my mind that you could go into a dealer and just order a long block in the easy way it was done back then.

oldkimmer

Reaction score
I had a 70 Cuda 383 that the sticker said August 10th 1969. Kim

Back