• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

La to magnum using obd2

Thestig

Reaction score
I saw a thread on here with loads of good information on this topic and it answered a lot of my questions. I'm now to the point of actually giving power to the computer to make everything go vroom vroom. Unfortunately there are a boat load of wires that the Chilton manual doesnt cover and I don't know what wire I need to give power to from the ignition to make the computer turn on. That thread didn't go into detail on that part either. Hoping someone has done the same swap and can give me some guidance on that. I messaged the OP of that thread but it said that he's been inactive since like 2015 so not much hope there. Thanks in advance guus.

rolling_thunder

Reaction score
your best to let us know what year you have as far as wiring and PCM - If you have a wiring diagram already post it up - if not I may be able to dig something up -

The vast majority of your wiring harness should be a plug and play deal - the remaining was what went to the power block - that is where you will need to splice in for things like switched 12V, 12+ source, ground, and other inputs like fuel, fan, possible ASD relay if it was part of the package back then

Thestig

Reaction score
your best to let us know what year you have as far as wiring and PCM - If you have a wiring diagram already post it up - if not I may be able to dig something up -

The vast majority of your wiring harness should be a plug and play deal - the remaining was what went to the power block - that is where you will need to splice in for things like switched 12V, 12+ source, ground, and other inputs like fuel, fan, possible ASD relay if it was part of the package back then

1999. I found an fsm online so it seems like if I provide 12v to the ignition wire the whole mess should turn on. Asd was part of it, wish it wasn't just something else to mess with. I didn't think these had electric fans. If they did then that makes adding an electric fan easier ill have to look into that. Here's a pic of the wiring chart. Sorry it's dark camera didn't want to cooperate. I'm thinking number 2 is the one I need to give power to. What makes me question it is that it says output. Which I guess could mean ignition switch output no computer output.

1507169727960.jpg

Back