• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Meeting folks you haven't seen in 20 years

ramenth

Reaction score
Kind of a cool story.

My family convinced me to get on Facebook, but I really don't have a lot of time for it. Heck, in this past week it's been hard for me to find time for the forums here.

But I guess it paid off. A friend I haven't seen in twenty years got ahold of me to see how things are going. He was also having problems with his minivan so he brought it to me for me to work on.

Good thing it was a light schedule that day. We wound up shooting the bull for a few hours before I even rolled his van in.

We were inseparable as kids, all the way up to our sophomore year in high school, when his parents got divorced and he and his dad moved a few towns over. The old saying goes that a good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend is sitting in jail next to you. That was us, sitting in jail next to each other. I don't know how many times we wound up in detention together, if one of us started something, the other was there to finish it.

In the intervening time between our last visits a lot of things have changed. We've both gotten married. He's got five kids.

But it seemed like those years weren't lost. We still think alike. We were finishing each others' sentences. He'd tell a story about something he's done over the past 20 years and I could see what was coming. He was doing the same thing to me. The more things change, the more they stay the same. What a blast!

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
Cool story ramenth, same thing happened to me with a buddy about seven or so years ago. It's good to get back in touch with someone that you were buddies with long ago. :)

burntorange70

Reaction score
Nice story. Some times life takes you in different derections. Always nice to get back in tuch with old frends.

Would love to look up some of my old Navy buds. Had some good times with them.

Rob C

Reaction score
Same here. My best freind I never lost touch with. He broke my balls on getting onto FB. Sooo, OOO-KKKK, I humor him.

Now like your bud, best freinds truly do dit in jail next to each other, well, I found clown number 3. Some 21 years later, #3 lives around the corner from me. Were both a good 40 miles from where we grew up.

The story gets funnier. While my daughter has a freind around the corner from us, the roads are to busy to let a then 10 year old walk it. It's also about 3 miles. I'd drive her over there and use the next block down to turn around, the first driveway to turn around in and guess who's house that was? Yep, I've been turning around in his driveway for about 2 years while dropping off my daughter.

We're both gear heads. It's nice to have a buddy so close to chew the fat with and turn wrenchs on cars with. Polite banter between the MoPar and Chevy camps continue!

(He makes mention of he was thinking of getting the Jesel rocker on a bar system & 18* heads for his stroker SB Chevy. I told him, if he'd had stayed with a MoPar, it would be stock! And the steam did rise! LOL!)

Except the kids and level of toys on which we play with.It's like we never left school. It was like putting on a old hat and feeling very good about it.

pagilman

Reaction score
The funny part with me is when I talk to some old friend i haven't seen in years my mind sees them as the same age as the last time i saw them as kids.......

ramenth

Reaction score
The funny part with me is when I talk to some old friend i haven't seen in years my mind sees them as the same age as the last time i saw them as kids.......

It was kinda like that with Tim. He's bulked up a bit. Hit a growth spurt in high school. His 6+ feet towers over my 5'8." (Up to our sophomore year we were the same height.) His blond hair has gotten darker. But a lot of his mannerisms have stayed the same, which reminded me of the kid I knew. :cool:

ramenth

Reaction score
Same here. My best freind I never lost touch with. He broke my balls on getting onto FB. Sooo, OOO-KKKK, I humor him.

Now like your bud, best freinds truly do dit in jail next to each other, well, I found clown number 3. Some 21 years later, #3 lives around the corner from me. Were both a good 40 miles from where we grew up.

The story gets funnier. While my daughter has a freind around the corner from us, the roads are to busy to let a then 10 year old walk it. It's also about 3 miles. I'd drive her over there and use the next block down to turn around, the first driveway to turn around in and guess who's house that was? Yep, I've been turning around in his driveway for about 2 years while dropping off my daughter.

We're both gear heads. It's nice to have a buddy so close to chew the fat with and turn wrenchs on cars with. Polite banter between the MoPar and Chevy camps continue!

(He makes mention of he was thinking of getting the Jesel rocker on a bar system & 18* heads for his stroker SB Chevy. I told him, if he'd had stayed with a MoPar, it would be stock! And the steam did rise! LOL!)

Except the kids and level of toys on which we play with.It's like we never left school. It was like putting on a old hat and feeling very good about it.

Good story, rumble!

Back