• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar A-833 (1968) and Cast Iron bellhousing (big block 1969)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbogmc

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale i have a 23 spline A-833 4 spd trans (forward shift pad). I was told it was out of a 1968 Satellite 383 car. It spins freely and was told it worked perfect when pulled. The car it is out of had low mileage and was rotting away in a field. It came with my 69" roadrunner when i bought the car so i cleaned it up, blasted it perfectly clean, primered then painted it a gray cast color. I have now decided to go with a 5 spd with overdrive trans with a lakewood style bellhousing for racing so this is up for sale. I just pulled the trans out of the corner to kind of measure it up for shipping and while looking at it, i noticed a crack in the bearing retainer (a couple inch sleeve that is bolted on the front of the trans case that covers the input shaft and holds in the front main shaft bearing). It seems to be a pretty common problem on these by the way it looks and if they haven't broke yet, they will. Luckily, you can buy them new all over on the internet on sites such as passonperformance.com, jimsautoparts.com, brewersperformance.com, etc. They range in price from $62.00 to $80.00 depending on the exact one you need. You can order a new retainer or maybe you could just find somebody that has a junk 833 and buy a cheap used retainer to throw on. The bellhousing is the cast iron one for a big block and it is out of a 69' roadrunner by what the numbers told me. It has been blasted and is painted hemi orange ready to throw in. The price fot the trans is $300 and the bellhousing is $300 or both for a package deal for $550 firm . Prefer local pick up. I will ship if somebody wants to pay extra for the shipping. Located south of LaCrosse, Wi. (Bret) six 0 eight - 6 zero 6 -zero 9 zero zero. If this ad is still here, it is still for sale. Thanks, Bret

Last edited:

turbogmc

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price drop... I just pulled the trans out of the corner to kind of measure it up for shipping and whille looking at it, i noticed a crack in the bearing retainer (a couple inch sleeve that is bolted on the front of the trans case that covers the input shaft and holds in the front main shaft bearing). It seems to be a pretty common problem on these by the way it looks and if they haven't broke yet, they will. They are all over on the internet on site such as passonperformance.com, jimsautoparts.com, brewersperformance.com, etc. They range in price from $62.00 to $80.00. New price on the trans is $300 and bellhousing is $300 or $550 for both. You could just order a new retainer or maybe you could just find somebody that has a junk 833 and buy a cheap used retainer to throw on and be money ahead. Sorry for the inconvenience, i just wanted to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back