• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New upper control arms too small

Crossram413

Reaction score
Afternoon all,
I bought a pair of stock upper control arms for my 72 Challenger from Roseville Moparts. At first they looked identical to the originals, but they are actually a bit too small. The yoke opening (bushing end) of the new ones is about 9 5/8". the originals are a 10" spread. The distance from the pivot axis of the bushings to the center of the ball joint seems to be the same for both.
Roseville list them as fitting 66-72 B body, and 70 - 74 E body. Roseville says it must be a fluke and are sending me another pair of the same, since that is the only one for E bodies (at least that they know of/carry). They said this is the first issue they've heard on these control arms.
Does anyone know what these slightly smaller uppers would be for? Doug
IMG_0167[1].JPG

rklein71

Reaction score
The new bushings do not look like they are parallel, almost like the arm is bent in a bit at the bushings.

budascuda

Reaction score
The new bushings do not look like they are parallel, almost like the arm is bent in a bit at the bushings.
You are right, I think the arm was bent when the bushings were pressed in, improper clamping !?

70chall440

Reaction score
I could be wrong here but I think you will find most of the new UCAs will seem slightly narrower than older used ones, some of this from the "stretch" that occurs when the UCA's are installed and some of it is from variances in tolerances between cars. I am not saying yours are good but I am saying that I have seen differences in them over the years. If you think they are damaged, call up the vendor, Roseville is very good about making things right.

Back