• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE Parting out 1992 Dakota 3.9/5-speed 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
The PCM is failing in my '92 Dakota and it's not worth replacing. The truck's just too far gone and it's good money after bad at this point.

The 3.9L Magnum V6 runs great (when the PCM works) with a little smoke at startup which I expect is valve seals. The transmission is an Aisin AX-15 5-speed that shifts smoothly and makes no unexpected noises. The truck is mechanically ace, but the PCM only seems to want to work in warm weather.

I'd recently done a bunch of work to the truck before the computer started acting up--everything within the last 50 miles:
  • The Carter fuel pump has literally less than 15 minutes of run time on it.
  • There is a new genuine Hurst shifter in the transmission.
  • Bolted to said shifter is a new reproduction '70 B-body Pistol Grip w/5-speed pattern inlay. I still have the 4-speed one it came with, too.
  • NOS Nakamichi CD45 AM/FM/CD/changer control head unit with two AUX inputs already wired for Mopar dash harnesses. It has never been powered on.
  • Tires are P215/75R-15 Firestone Destination A/T white-letter with every single nub still in place. These might have 100 miles on them.
  • Brake pads are new CarQuest Gold on gold-coated cross-drilled/slotted rotors.
General stuff:
  • All four factory wheel flares are in good condition.
  • The (chrome) grille is in nice shape. There is no good sheetmetal and the frame is pretty bad.
  • The aluminum six-spoke "swept" factory wheels are in nice shape.
  • The factory R12 AC still blew ice last summer.
  • The rear bumper was replaced with a new black aftermarket step bumper & brackets that bolt to the stock location. It never saw salt and has just a couple of minor scratches.
  • All 4WD components work except the switch for the console lamp.
  • 3.92:1 axle gearing at both ends.
  • Interior door handle bezels are not broken.
  • Rear speaker grilles (grey) are not broken.
I also have some new-in-the-box parts that never got installed:
  • All four KYB Gas-A-Just shocks.
  • Genuine Dana Trac-Lok (clutch-type) limited-slip differential for 8¼" Chrysler axle w/new Timken bearings already installed (with races too).
  • Stock-replacement radiator.
I'm sure I'm forgetting some things so ask if you need something. It breaks my heart to part out a good-running truck like this, but the overall condition doesn't warrant the price of a new engine computer or any other further work at this point.

I'll consider reasonable offers on any or all of this stuff. Shipping will be actual cost if you're not going to come pick it up. Truck is located in Niagara, WI approximately 99 miles north of Green Bay. Cash/money order/credit cards accepted (no PayPal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back