• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Plug and play Headlight relay kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackedback

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Plug and play - Headlight Relay Kits

The kit is a plug and play deal for single and dual headlight per side E body Mopars. These kits also take the amp load off the fragile bulkhead connector and amp gauge. The only juice flowing through the bulkhead is the minimal current required to trigger relays.

This is one of the best electrical upgrades you can do to our old Mopars!

The kit includes:
Bosch/Tyco dual 87 relays (no $2 chinese relays)
Ceramic headlamp sockets
Fuse holders with 30 amps fuses
12ga wire from alt to relays
12 or 14 gauge power wire from relays to HL wiring (no 18 gauge wire like factory)
All terminals for hook up to a std 1/4 alt stud and ground locations
Wiring is tinned at connectors
Wiring is shrink tubed
Wiring would follow normal wiring harness paths -------------------------------------------------------------------------

THERE WOULD BE NO CUTTING OF YOUR CURRENT WIRING HARNESS REQUIRED!

The kits I've built have relays mounted on the yoke as pictured and under the battery tray. Another location that appears popular is on the drivers side inner fender upright. Some pics of the kits I put together. Relay holders mounted on the front of radiator yoke.

Headlightrelaykit001.jpg

Headlight and Main Power feed lines from alternator. This one is all 12 Gauge wire.

Headlightrelaykit002.jpg

Some other things to consider. Unless you wire it all the same color which would cause difficulty when troubleshooting and can buy wire in bulk, you'll have about $40+ before tax in wire packages from the local auto store. The tools to properly terminates the wiring are ~$20-80.

Every kit is tested before shipping.

Kit pricing, mounting relays in one of these three locations; radiator yoke, under battery tray or inner fender shelf upright:

Single headlight per side car are $130 + shipping (70 & 72-74 Cuda)
Dual Headlight per side cars are $150 + shipping (Challenger and 71 Cuda)

The assembled kits fit nicely in a USPS flat rate box or Fedex shipping, so shipping would be in the 10-15 range. I can also provide International shipping. I have shipped to Canada and Australia, please ask about these shipping options if international. I do my best to find the most affordable shipping options.

Kits with all the products and wire required to build a system:
Single headlight - $85 + shipping
Dual Headlight - $105+ shipping

If you would like some other iteration of a kit, parts only - no wire, please PM me.

All items are shipped from Indio, CA

Thanks for the ad space.

crackedback

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have parts to build these kits now.

If interested send a pm or better go to for a bodies only and see my thread there and post your interest. I'm not on this site as often as the FABO site.

Last edited by a moderator:

crackedback

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got more materials in.

PM me and I'll get back. I'll be checking in here more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back