• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

PVC with LOW idle vacuum

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
I am looking for a pvc valve that will work on my 383 that has 6" hg at idle, engine vacumm is max 12"hg at highway speed. I currently have a stock pvc valve but its really messing up my idle due to the constant "vacumm leak", it won't idle in gear and after 20+ years of putting it in neutral everytime I come to a stop is getting "old". 383 is +0,30 with a COMP Cams Magnum Solid Camshafts 21-249-4 ( CRB 306S-10) .555 valve lift, 260 duration @ .050/ 306 duration @ 0.015, holley 850dp. I've been fine tuning this carb for awhile now and have recently figured out my pvc is the problem. Any help/tips would be appriciated.

This mewagner DF-17 Dual Flow PCV Valve seems like a good solution, just wondering what other guys/gals have done on their low vacumm/big cam setups

Steve340

Reaction score
If the PCV is the problem the Wagner is probably your best bet as it is adjustable.
The torque converter stall speed will be a big factor - this could allow the engine to see to much load at idle.
Off the shelf torque converters are never right I have found.

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
I have checked for leaks around the intake, carb, carb spacer and haven't found anything. Carb is maybe 3y old so it shouldn't have any internal leaks. My "vacumm leak" also seems very "come & go", which is why i suspect the pcv. Way back in 2001 when i dropped the motor in, it would idle in gear @ 750rpm, no pvc and loose valve lash. Since then I"ve added a bigger/better carb, pvc system, proper valve lash, and a higher stall torque converter (would love to get one spec'd for my car) @ it wants 1000-1200rpm to idle in gear which is still hit & miss. Motor still has under 5000miles on it.

Guess i'll try out the wagner pvc

Back