• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

"Rare" 1970 Challenger fasten seatbelt light

340challconvert

Reaction score
Found a post elsewhere showing a fasten seat belt light on the right side of a 70 Challenger dash where the 4 speed reverse light usually goes. Poster indicated that the seat belt light was part of the Deluxe Seat Belt option in 1970. Not talking about the seat belt light that eventually went in the right side area of the gauge dash area in later Challengers. Has anyone ever seen this?
1616169035786.png

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
Here's one on a 4-speed car (not mine) side by side with the reverse light

Attachments

• reverse - seatbelt lights.png
    reverse - seatbelt lights.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 153

NoCar340

Reaction score
I have one of those. I don't have a car that uses it (mine's a '74) but I have the light itself. I also have one that says "BRAKES" so nyah. 😄

The "SEAT BELTS" light looks identical to the "REVERSE" version, other than the lens lettering. The "BRAKES" one has a larger lamp barrel and appears to be a "push and twist" installation rather than using a retainer nut.

I wasn't sure if E-bodies had ever used the "SEAT BELT" lamps but I knew '71 (and possibly '72) Chargers did. My best friend's '71 Charger R/T has both, exactly as pictured in EV2RTSE's post.

marks ebody

Reaction score
Yes
C15 deluxe seat belt code.
you get that light, plus you get seatbelts that look like 71s but has a white center ring around them. Wish I could find a set.Also the two front seats have male holders for both belts,And the rear have male holders to. I have a 70 Challenger with that code.

Back