• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOUND SHAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJMopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O/E SHAKER adapter ring will definitely be a challenge but you might be able to find one reproduction however will restore value however overall the O/E SHAKER adapter ring will completely restore value for your restoration.

CJMopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you,agreed, I have a repop one, just do not fit right.
Really? There are a few producers for it and most likely it can be just perhaps a mistake on your end or the reproduction companies it happens and it is normal. Try and centre the trim ring within the wing nut square opening and check to see if that trim ring sits on anything like the Ignition Distributor. If it just clears it than you are okay and if it is touching one of the spark plug wires but there's not a lot of tension on the spark wire plugs then I wouldn't worry about that either since the seal will be installed on the trim ring and that will provide a cushion for touching that spark plug on the Distributor. Depending on your setup you might need a spacer or your factory baseplate might have to be modified but I wouldn't do that I would store that part away and make my own out of 18 or 16 gauge sheet metal and then line up the factory base plate air cleaner plate area and use a standard 4bbl or 6bbl Air Cleaner Plate to weld it to the new base plate you made and be sure to make the base plate flat you don't have to make the base plate detail looking like the factory base plate.

CJMopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you,agreed, I have a repop one, just do not fit right.
To correct a bit of what I typed up there if the base plate touches the Spark Plug and there's not much tension I wouldn't worry about that. The trim ring on the far end of it where the seal get's installed might not be clearing your radiator hose but if it is not applying too much tension on there I wouldn't worry about it. Clearance overall is always better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back