• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Sherman Parts?

Reaction score
Anyone use Sherman Parts for sheet metal? I'm looking to buy a complete front floor pan for my 74 Challenger and Sherman and JEGS has them for $299, which is cheaper (almost 50% cheaper) than Classic or AMD. Rock Auto also offers the same Sherman part for about $250. I'm cautious, you get what you pay for and all, but thought it was at least worth asking folks on here. Thanks.

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
I have had good and bad luck with Sherman parts. I like AMD the best because they are die stamped, not hand formed. When buying the Sherman parts, call the vendor and ask them if they are die stamped or hand formed. If hand formed, you will most likely have fitment problems.

Reaction score
Response I got from Rock Auto...

Dear James,

Thanks for the email. The floor pan SHERMAN Part # 16046CF is die stamped.

I'm considering taking a chance on it to save some money. The savings on the part cost plus the truck delivery cost compared to AMD is very tempting.

Reaction score
I emailed JEGS about Sherman. There is a store relatively close to me so I asked them for feedback on the Sherman floor pan. Here it is:

The feedback that I have received from customers in regards to the Sherman parts has been favorable to date.

Just in case anyone else is interested. I'm going to drive up and discuss this in person.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I'm still trying to decide, but the phrase "you get what you pay for" keeps running through my mind. The ~$200 savings may not be worth it.

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I was thinking of putting that exact saying in my post to you! Sounds like your mind is made up you just need to convince the part of your brain that handles the money!

Someone recently posted here about problems with AMD floor pans too. Some more reading for you! Hopefully this problem has been corrected http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/showthread.php?6340-More-AMD-problems

Back