• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

slant six e-bodies

ramenth

Reaction score
Anyone catch the article on the two highly optioned slant six powered E-bods in the newest issue of Mopar Action?

In my opinion they're just down right fantastic examples of daily drivers from the era.

Don't get me wrong, I love to hot rod. With the exception of my B-body everything I have is going to see horsepower increases (and it just might see internal upgrades with a stock appearance to the 383) but these two cars seem to me to be something special.

burntorange70

Reaction score
You just don't see original S/6 E's much any more. Either been pulled for a V8 swap or crushed a long time ago. Wonder how wany untuched original slant cars are out there still?

bad440

Reaction score
Always interesting to see the Challenger with these rare engine combinations; not a slant 6 fan but was an interesting era and to see these two immaculate E bodies was truly a blast from the past.

ramenth

Reaction score
heres one that will be restored.
its my 15 year old daughters.
shes driven in a pile of my cars, from race to street, and she thinks the big 6 will be just fine.
and she knows its rare.
rallye red, 8 3/4 , slapstick.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Obituaries/pattyschalleng/

Welcome aboard! That's cool that your 15 year old daughter has a slant powered E-body and wants to keep it that way. Looks like a good project from the pics, too.

Keep us posted on the build with a restoration thread and keep the pics coming!

3404speed

Reaction score
We bought a rolled slant six powered 70 Challenger, and stripped it. Very unusual to see slants in the E body cars, seemed more likely to find a BB car than a Sixer..

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
My car was originally a 6 with a console and slap stick shifter.If I knew where the motor and tranny went it would be almost all original, but I would definatly rather have the V8!

6packcuda

Reaction score
The cuda in the article is local to my area. It always draws a crowd at the car shows. It has three fender tags!

017.jpg

016.jpg

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
The cuda in the article is local to my area. It always draws a crowd at the car shows. It has three fender tags!

017.jpg

016.jpg

Ain't that grand? :cool:

Something about this car just screams "look at me!" Maybe cause in today's time it is different?

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
That is a nice car. Whats with the hole in the under side of the hood? Does it have a scoop?

I`m guessin to give a little clearance around the air cleaner to keep from scuffing it up. That hood insulation doesn`t look original to me looks like regular duct liner which can be coarse stuff. Not trying to be negative about the car though it looks awesome!

ramenth

Reaction score
We bought a rolled slant six powered 70 Challenger, and stripped it. Very unusual to see slants in the E body cars, seemed more likely to find a BB car than a Sixer..

When Pop bought the Barracuda he had the choice of it or a really ratty slant powered '70 Challenger in Plum Crazy for the same price. He really wanted a Challenger at the time, but the Barracuda appealed to him. Less work and a V8 to start with.

Knowing the guy who had the car, though, I somehow doubt that the Challenger has been crushed, even after all this time. He got his cars and kept them, even if it meant letting 'em rot into the ground to keep any usable parts around.

Back