• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Uscartool- just how stiff?

Sour

Reaction score
Heya, does anyone know if there’s any info posted or shared anywhere showing the stiffening properties of the uscartool level 3 kit + rocker reinforcements? Puttering around ideas for a pro tour (I think that’s the word? I just want a modern handling car) build, and I don’t think I wanna hack away the inner fenders to put a Schwartz g machine in. Schwartz claims 200% stiffening, was curious how uscartool compares.

gzig5

Reaction score
I saw a u-tube a while ago that showed how the USCT front inner fender braces and I think the radiator core support resisted twisting compared to stock. It is obviously effective, but you would have to do some math to say it's x% better. Their sub frame connectors seem to be well regarded.

I just looked at the Schwartz frame and to tell you the truth, I don't see how it would be all that much better than the USCT frame connectors, which are welded in the full length. Sounds like you bolt your car their chassis with 8 pads total. I ran through the configuaration and came up with $21k without a rear end and using the small brakes. Be nice to have the suspension options but I'll pass.

I think some or all of the USCT kit will result in a very nice handling car. If you think you need more than that, IMO you're going to need a cage, which cures most all stiffness ills. I'm going down the same path, but will hopefully stop short of the cage though I like the thought of the safety aspect.

70chall440

Reaction score
I have installed the USCT SFCs in 3 or 4 cars and have 2 more here waiting their turn to get them. They stiffen up the car substantially just by themselves. The inner fender and radiator splash shied replacement help a lot especially if you are auto X'ing the car or running it on a road course. They will probably help with the car's road manners and handling as well depending upon how you drive. I also add torque boxes. I typically make my own inner braces and lower radiator support but the USCT pieces are pretty nice.

On my Cuda which has the USCT SFCs, my own fabricated inner fender and radiator brace along with torque boxes (which I made) the car is super stiff; I can jack up on corner and the entire side lifts.

Absolutely worth the effort

Back