• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Water coming into the back seat area of a Challenger convertible?

340challconvert

Reaction score
A current issue that I need to solve. I have owned a number of Challenger / Cuda convertibles over the years.

Two of the convertible cars I owned: when it would rain, the water would fill the rear floor of the car in front of the back seat.

This just happened to my 70 A-66 car when it was outside for the first time in years when I was cleaning it up.
The rugs had already been removed, so I pulled the floor plugs out to drain it.

I also owned a 71 hemi-orange 383 vert back in the 70's. I remember the same thing would happen when it rained.
On my current car, the water rail around the bottom of the back window/ sides is intact, not rotted or rusted.

I did just find the factory water diverters inside the bottom of the quarters. Could the absence of these parts in place cause water to come into the interior of the car?

I am also cleaning out debris from the interior bottom of each quarter to make sure the drain holes are open

The black seam sealer as well as the white semi-hard sealer is still intact at the bottom of each internal rear quarter metal frame.

Anyone else with a convertible ever have water come into the back seat? Causes? Cures?

Dino2 (1).gif

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I would pull the rear seat, top and bottom, and get in there while someone runs hose water over the convertible top. There are a dozen places water can come in with an old vert.

Avalanche

Reaction score
When I had my vert apart, I noticed that the water from the roof would run in a channel around the back and dump into the sides( in front of the rear wheels). There are weep holes at the bottom that can easily clog up and cause it to overflow into the rear seat floor.
Remove the rear side panels and it will be very aparant where its comming from.

Back