• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wheel tub Tire clearance

sublimemike

Reaction score
Hi all, Gota 71 cuda with a dana axle currently running 8.5 x15 rallye steel wheels with 4.87 backspace and MT drag radials 325x 50 x15. I'm moving up to skinnie Centerline on the front and been offered some 10x15 Centerline rears , same backspace . Springs are inboard so no clearance issues but looking at maybe a 1" taller slick on 10.5 wide as I'm running 4.10's gears. The MT's bulge quite a bit so its closer on the inner wheel tubs but would the 10" rims help to compensate and still get a 10.5 tire (MT'S have 10.5 ground contact), or no go with clearance issues?
Thanks

sublimemike

Reaction score
Pushing this forward I got between 2 and 1/4 and 2 and 1/2" from the edge of the wheel rim inside to the wheel tub inner and about the same from the outside rim to the wheel arch lip inside. So the 10" rim will fit fine , how wide on the slick can I go? Yes I measured on both sides as we know how these cars were put together. Thanks. I'd been told I should have 4 and 1/2" backspace with 8.5" rim to get a 10 and 1/2" slick but that was on a challenger.

Cratos

Reaction score
is anyone running Nitto 325-50-15's on a 70 challenger? i am running MT 295-50 15's now on 15x10 keystones. and wondering if the Nitto's will fit already moved springs inward 1 inch and have an A-body 8-3/4 in it . looking at tire spec's it should fit but everyone's tire spec's never match up.

Back