• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wiring Issue- Car won't fire when cranking

SFEbody

Reaction score
Ok Mopar friends, I was having trouble with the wipers and pulled everything apart and low and behold it was a bad ground, so now that the wipers are working,when I turn the the key, it fires for like one second, then when you let go of the key it will not stay running. I tried several times and turn the key it tries to fire, i let go of the key to run and it dies. ANY HELP PLEASE?????

michael

Reaction score
Could be the ballast on the firewall on the passenger side of wiper motor.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Ok Mopar friends, I was having trouble with the wipers and pulled everything apart and low and behold it was a bad ground, so now that the wipers are working,when I turn the the key, it fires for like one second, then when you let go of the key it will not stay running. I tried several times and turn the key it tries to fire, i let go of the key to run and it dies. ANY HELP PLEASE?????
Check the firewall plug when you start it starts on the blue that goes to the ballast resistor once it starts you let the key return to run it changes over to the brown wire so it could be the brown is open circuit at the firewall also check the heavy wire connector coming out of the steering column it may be loose.

Adam

Reaction score
check for voltage at the coil in the run position. (Related to the above replies).

SFEbody

Reaction score
Problem solved, thanks all it was the Blue wire connection under the steering column. Butt connector had one side not tight.... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Back