• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

8 3/4 rear detailing

rob-dirt

Reaction score
i have a R Code Hemi auto 8 3/4 rear i know the center was natural but their was some pant markings to identify that it was a 355 poss rear - dose anybody know what might have been on it- i remember some white and red where you put the grease in but lost from their been apart for WAY TOO LONG any help and pictures would be great

rob-dirt

Reaction score
Wow both were great pages many thank,s to you guys - so im gussing the 3 white stripes for 355 go,s under the bottom of the rear

burdar

Reaction score
This is an OE gold Challenger. It looks like it is a 3.55 sure-grip by the markings...3 white(for 3.55) and 1 orange(for sure-grip).
http://www.moparaction.com/Article/PoP/GG.jpg

The chart also looks to be correct for 73 as well. I found two yellow dots(2.76) on the bottom of my center section after soaking it in EvapoRust.

marks001.jpg

rob-dirt

Reaction score
that's what i need to see that mopar action article was perfect thank,s alot not that i will be able to buy or restore a hemi cuda EVER again - LOL but im keep this picture on my computer for references the 12-6 and the 12 7x are date codes ?

burdar

Reaction score
I think they are date codes. There is a date on the center section when it was assembled. THere is also one on the housing when the assembly was put together. There are no date "stamps" on an 8 3/4.

On mine, I reapplied the paint marks and then used RPM over the entire center section to keep it from rusting. So far it's holding up fine.

Back