• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking at a 70 RTSE to buy...need some valuation

djais1801

Reaction score
Car is a #3 to #2 car...13yr old restoration.
It is a NOM 440 4spd...
Fender Tag
Real RTSE
Real FC7
Real 4spd
Real U code
Real Trak Pak Dana 60
He's asking 50k
70 pcp challenger.jpg

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Nice looking car. White R/T stripe nice touch.

Be sure to really go through the body in-depth (quarters, frame rails, floors, trunk floor, any bubbles around rear window SE insert, body panel misalignments, etc), and evaluate any previous bodywork and paint. If you have to redo anything there it's major unplanned cost (take it from me) on top of your purchase price. Other mechanical items can be done for containable cost, it's the body/paint that can skyrocket (unless doing it yourself).

If the body is good, and all the drivetrain and SE stuff is there (i.e. overhead console) then 50K plus or minus seems reasonable, but other experts will chime in for sure.

djais1801

Reaction score
Nice looking car. White R/T stripe nice touch.

Be sure to really go through the body in-depth (quarters, frame rails, floors, trunk floor, any bubbles around rear window SE insert, body panel misalignments, etc), and evaluate any previous bodywork and paint. If you have to redo anything there it's major unplanned cost (take it from me) on top of your purchase price. Other mechanical items can be done for containable cost, it's the body/paint that can skyrocket (unless doing it yourself).

If the body is good, and all the drivetrain and SE stuff is there (i.e. overhead console) then 50K plus or minus seems reasonable, but other experts will chime in for sure.
it runs strong, but needs a good cleaning and some incorrect parts (headers, milodon oil pan, mild cam) dyno'd 403hp at the rear wheels. Hood needs new hinges...has fender tag and rebuilt back to the fender tag...yes has overhead console...it drove well, no rattles, front end is tight...no leaks. interior is clean

Last edited:

Danny Boy

Reaction score
Looks really nice!
I have a 70 SE, non RT -
May want to 2x correctness of restoration, if that's important to you
Not a criticism of care just a couple of observations
70 wheels weren't all chrome as this car has (had stainless beauty rings)
Chrome wheels still look really nice though
From the side view the exhaust tips appear to protrude farther out than I remember
I much agree with Cuda Hunter, you can't build a car like that for 50 k
Mine would easily take $20k to restore and it's a complete, non-rust car!
Good luck with your decision!

djais1801

Reaction score
I am not crazy about those wheels to begin with...I like to personalize my rides and keep them looking stock...I am definitely a body color steelies guy...i'd want it like these
pcp challenger.jpg
IMG_6845.PNG

djais1801

Reaction score
here's my past mopars...I just can't seem to hold onto them lol...the demon and the 72 RR I let go of at car shows when the not for sale price was met
IMG_1043.PNG
IMG_1050.jpg
IMG_1166.jpg
IMG_1531.PNG
IMG_3610.jpg

Last edited:

R4Sedan

Reaction score
I think it's a nice looking car. cudahunter is right you can't build it for that price. There is also one similar to it down in FL with a white top.

Matt M

Reaction score
The Car in Florida does not have a Fender Tag

Back