• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Canadian Dollar

douglas17

Reaction score
Is it not a shame that the Canadian dollar has dropped to a new low.
The exchange rate this morning is $1.00 US is costing Canadians $1.47 Can. ( Ref. RBC rate)
Now as of midnight March 21-2020 the US/Can border is closed to most travel, we can not run across to the US to buy parts saving huge shipping cost to get parts into Canada.
I have seen most parts places offering discount of 20 to 30 percent off, but it is just too cost prohibitive to buy parts at this time.
Hope that those parts suppliers can understand our (Canadians) situation.
Now we are being order to stay at home with lots of time to work on our loved projects, but cannot afford to purchase items to work on them.
Just now 11.30 AM March 22-2020 the Nova Scotia government has ordered no travel into our province, as some other Provinces are also ordering.
Please obey these orders and stay safe during this Covid 19 outbreak.

benlavigne

Reaction score
Douglas, While PG Classic deals in $US, National Moparts and Early Birds in Ontario are still advertising in $CAN, so you might try them if you need something...
Stay safe,
Ben

budascuda

Reaction score
How is it not a shame that the Canadian dollar has dropped to a new low?
One of the richest countries on the planet and less debt per capita than the US.
$14,000 per Canadian compared to $70,000 for American's.
So why the lower value? well I am glad you asked.
That's because when the board of commerce businessmen from South of the border come North to do business here, they tell the government of Canada that our folks like to put Canada in the receiving position, would you be ok with that?
And the Canadian government says YES , without care. as if they are talking about football.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Sorry about the cost of parts differentials.
Stay safe, you and family

Is it not a shame that the Canadian dollar has dropped to a new low.
The exchange rate this morning is $1.00 US is costing Canadians $1.47 Can. ( Ref. RBC rate)
Now as of midnight March 21-2020 the US/Can border is closed to most travel, we can not run across to the US to buy parts saving huge shipping cost to get parts into Canada.
I have seen most parts places offering discount of 20 to 30 percent off, but it is just too cost prohibitive to buy parts at this time.
Hope that those parts suppliers can understand our (Canadians) situation.
Now we are being order to stay at home with lots of time to work on our loved projects, but cannot afford to purchase items to work on them.
Just now 11.30 AM March 22-2020 the Nova Scotia government has ordered no travel into our province, as some other Provinces are also ordering.
Please obey these orders and stay safe during this Covid 19 outbreak.

douglas17

Reaction score
its all well to say that those companies selling parts in Canada showing prices in US dollars, and others are still in Canadian dollars, Where do the parts originate from. The good old USA or oversees where trade is done in US dollars, so even if buying from a Canadian seller they have to pay in US dollars to get there parts, so as it goes the Canadian price must also increase.
Just a note if you have a sock full of US green backs that your selling dollar for dollar call me first

benlavigne

Reaction score
Those retailers are still showing the same prices in $CDN as a month ago, so that is why I suggested them....
I guess they'll up the prices once they renew their stock.
I am relieved most of my expensive US purchases were done a month ago!
Ben

Back