• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Is this a sin?

Cojohnso

Reaction score
I'm looking at a project 1970 Barracuda. The car is missing alot of parts and components. But the components it does have? Its what I need for my current Cuda project. Thus the perfect parts car.

The question is obvious. With the current demand for any e-body (Especially 70-71) Is it ethically acceptable as a classic Muscle and pony car enthusiast to sacrifice one to complete another? I'm not joking. There will be little left of the Barracuda. What are you thoughts?

tonysrt

Reaction score
Depends on the condition of the donor car. Don't know where it's located but here in the Northeast if car wasn't garaged it would be a rust bucket. I looked for a Cuda mid 80's and that was what most of them were. I actually found a very good one at the time, very little rust, and only 10 miles from my house.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
Its not in the worst shape. It has obviously been garbage stored for long time. If my build was to an original V-code 440 6-pack Cuda? I would not feel as bad sacrificing a L-code Barracuda. (383) But my build is more Pro Street. The original 440-6 pack long gone. The car heavily modified for big hemi output. So it was easier to build as a custom. The "Purists" of the classic car world? Would hate my whole dilemma. I understand the "Do what you gotta do" philosophy? And may be the correct answer. Doesn't mean the "Purists" dont have a valid point.

Last edited:

terrywalker

Reaction score
I guess you need to figure out what all you need to take from the donor car. It could be there's someone out there wanting a 70 Barracuda who would be willing to buy from AMD all the sheetmetal parts you planned on taking from the donor car and then trade to you all the new sheetmetal parts for the donor car. Win - win for you and the other person.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
Front clip, truck lid and hinges. Dash, doors. The car doesn't have its glass. (That i didn't need anyways.) The car doesn't have transmission or interior. (Which i didnt need) its the PERFECT parts car for what I need. All that would really be left of the parts car is steering, front suspension supporting matching 383 (siesed) engine. Rear 8 3/4 3.23 gear rear. (It is sure grip) roof and rear quarters. And thats about it.

Oh. And its only about 20 miles away? I'm confident I will not see this sweet of a setup again. He still wants some $$. But E-body prices (Especially 70-71) are not going down anytime soon.

Last edited:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Does the BH23L0? have it's fender tag?
If it's got an M46 on it I'd be interested in the car for sure.

I need parts for my 67 barracuda. I bought a shell that has zero rust. Now that I have it home I'm not sure I"m going to cut it up for the floors, trunks and quarters.
I'm probably going to sell it and use the money I already spent to just buy some amd stuff. All the coastal guys want bodies that look like this thing. I"m just lucky as I live in Colorado.

Seriously though, Fender tag? That could make the difference in the value of the car. There are a few of us freaks out here that see value in a few of the standard models that aren't U,V or R codes.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
Yes it does. Not sure about its dealership documentations. But I'll ask. I'm re-engaging this week

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I'm looking at a project 1970 Barracuda. The car is missing alot of parts and components. But the components it does have? Its what I need for my current Cuda project. Thus the perfect parts car.

The question is obvious. With the current demand for any e-body (Especially 70-71) Is it ethically acceptable as a classic Muscle and pony car enthusiast to sacrifice one to complete another? I'm not joking. There will be little left of the Barracuda. What are you thoughts?
After reading the whole thread I couldn’t do it...

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Really no matter how far a '70 or '71 E-body is gone now a days. It can be put back together. It just takes time and money. But if you buy the car and decide to do it, well it's your car.

Reaction score
Your title says it all, and if you have to ask then You already know the answer, YES it is a sin. LOL

I was going to the the same you you are thinking of. Both 1970 cars. I bought the “parts car” and was selling the aftermarket parts off of it. I ended up looking for the parts I needed and found them. AMD came out with quarters, etc. The former “parts car” is complete and sitting it the garag, everybody that sees it goes nuts on how nice it is. BH23L0. So glad I kept it. Turns out I let some guy have the fender tag info years ago and he spread it around The e-body junkies, not good.

These things are too valuable to parts out these days. Solid car with title and tags matching 383? Your crazy to part it. Look at the rusted junk some guy are rebuilding/coveting.

Last edited:

Cojohnso

Reaction score
Your title says it all, and if you have to ask then You already know the answer, YES it is a sin. LOL

I was going to the the same you you are thinking of. Both 1970 cars. I bought the “parts car” and was selling the aftermarket parts off of it. I ended up looking for the parts I needed and found them. AMD came out with quarters, etc. The former “parts car” is complete and sitting it the garag, everybody that sees it goes nuts on how nice it is. BH23L0. So glad I kept it. Turns out I let some guy have the fender tag info years ago and he spread it around The e-body junkies, not good.

These things are too valuable to parts out these days. Solid car with title and tags matching 383? Your crazy to part it. Look at the rusted junk some guy are rebuilding.
I agree. And decided against just buying to part out. Not only due to it should be restored. But also some timing issues that I have. I can piece meal the project without destroying another possible project. Had it been my only option? I would think differently. But it's not.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
So, who are the ebody junkies? And what is it that is to gain or loose by seeing the fender tag readout?
No one is going to reproduce a bh code barracuda fender tag, to reproduce a vin tag to then put it on a stolen car.

all my cars fender tags are on the net, never had any issue with it. Every mopar at the nationals fender tag is on the net as well. Never heard of anyone ever having any issues with this either. Even high dollar cars.
There are hundreds of hemi cars with tags on the net. Haven't seen them reproduced and making a fraudulent car.

Curious what the statement meant. especially "not good".

BH23L0. Turns out I let some guy have the fender tag info years ago and he spread it around The e-body junkies, not good.

Back