• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front glass, trim, and wipers installed.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
The hood goes on later today and that wraps up the exterior. Love me my "Just Dashes" dash.
Front Glass installed.jpg

pschlosser

Reaction score
I've installed a few e-body windshields, and after you put down the "butyl rope" around the metal lip, the windshield is set upon the butyl and sticks really well. So the glass sort of rides on the butyl, which is 5/16? thick.

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
Thanks. The reason I ask is because my windshield sits too low and as a result, the wipers won’t park because they hit the lower trim. I suspect I’m missing the butyl rope you mentioned.

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
I already have a thread going about it. Hasn’t gotten any attention. Or rather, it got a few replies but died after I asked about the gasket between the glass and metal.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Nice job! Does the windshield sit on any sort of seal or gasket when you set it in?
Yes, I ordered the butyl "rope" from OER. I actually installed the rope on the windshield edge and then placed it in the opening. And I used about 1/4" rubber spacers at the bottom to maintain an equal gap top and bottom. My bottom s.s. trim fits nice and snug to glass, so the wipers should slide right over it. Not tried it yet as I do not plan to drive the car in the rain. Wipers are for show, lol.

Last edited:

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
Nice! Yeah, my car isn’t quite nice enough to keep it out of the rain yet. :lol:

Thanks for explaining the process, I’m positive that’s where the problem is with mine.

Back