• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hood holes dimensions/location for 70 Challenger R/T engine emblems

70SunFun

Reaction score
Hi All! Does anyone know the dimensions/locations of the holes on each side of a 1970 Challenger R/T 383 power bulge hood where the engine emblems are inserted? Also, I have the five D-O-D-G-E hood emblem letters and am not sure if the factory put these letters on the front of this type of hood? If they did from the factory I would like to know the locations of those holes too, please. Thanks!

70SunFun

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, DrEamer. I appreciate it. I may take a stab at locating the holes on the front of the hood but like you say it may be worth it to buy the template.

HooToTheCore

Reaction score
Look under the hood. There should be 5 ovals where the letter pins poke through. There may be body filler that just needs removing.

70SunFun

Reaction score
Look under the hood. There should be 5 ovals where the letter pins poke through. There may be body filler that just needs removing.
Thanks for the information! I'll look under the hood for those ovals. Do you know if all Challenger hoods had these letters on them from the factory? I've seen cars for sale where some have them and others do not. Thanks again.

HooToTheCore

Reaction score
My understanding is that 1970 RT bulge hood had the letters and 1971-74 did not.

I can't seem to find confirmation of that.

Last edited:

70SunFun

Reaction score
The DODGE lettering was available on the power bulge (sport) hood for all years 70 to 74.
Thanks for the information that the DODGE lettering was available for all years 70 to 74, moparlee. Do you know if it was an option or standard for all power bulge hoods? Hate to keep beating a dead horse, sorry.

70SunFun

Reaction score
Thanks for the information! I'll look under the hood for those ovals. Do you know if all Challenger hoods had these letters on them from the factory? I've seen cars for sale where some have them and others do not. Thanks again.
Thanks again for the oval information HooToTheCore, I did locate the 5 ovals.

Back