• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Tunnel ram intake question

Paul D.

Reaction score
Hello and greetings. I'm new here and posted on the welcome wagon yesterday introducing myself.

I have a question about an intake I have I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I have an Offenhauser turbo thrust 360 high rise manifold for a small block topped with 450 cfm carbs. I bought this years ago when I had aspirations of going to the drag strip with my car. Well that never came to pass so it has sat in my garage collecting dust ever since. I recently decided to get it all cleaned up and rebuilt so I can sell it. I got everything torn down, cleaned and the carbs put back together. I also separated the two intake sections to clean them and install new gaskets in it. Normally I am very careful to take note of everything when I take something apart so I make sure it all goes back together properly. Well something escaped me when I took the manifold apart. My question is: When I got ready to rejoin the two intake sections I noticed that the carb decks on the upper section are slightly different heights. Can anyone tell me if the higher section goes to the front or the back of the lower intake section?

Last edited:

DrEamer

Reaction score
The higher section goes to the back. That way the air flow is not blocked on the second/back carb.

Paul D.

Reaction score
The higher section goes to the back. That way the air flow is not blocked on the second/back carb.
Thanks. I had a feeling that was going to be the answer but wanted to get other input instead of just guessing.

Back