• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

IMG_1684-small.jpg

'73 Challenger Resto-Mod

Taking the plunge to convert my '733 Challenger with 340 and 727 to a Gen III 5.7L Hemi and 8HP70 transmission

General Description

I just finished up my '73 Challenger in April of '23. Or at least got it to the point it was ready for car show season.

Then while out on a joy ride, I was t-boned. The car is in the shop getting the the body work done.

While on the way to the shop, the car started dropping a cylinder. this along with several other nagging issues, had me evaluating whether to pull the 340 out and go through it or not. In doing the math for the cost of updating/Rebuilding the 340, I thought I would take a look at doing a Gen III hemi swap. I put in 3.73 rear gears when I did the car originally and it turns about 3,200 rpm on the highway at 70mph, so adding some form of OD was in the plan as well. I've decided on doing the swap and bought a '06 Charger donor car. The car had a new engine installed in April of '22 and then was subsequently wrecked. I picked up the whole car for $4K.

Comments

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
Buckminster
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Member Garages

More from Buckminster

Share this item