• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1/4 window seals

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The seal on the windows just slide out and then back into place. When putting them back in, go slowly. If you kink the metal in the seal edge, it will make it hard to slide the seal into place.

moparstables

Reaction score
The one I started with is wider then the track. I cannot get it too slide due to the seal being wider and thicker then the track. It wants to buckle up in the middle.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
You can spray them with silicone. Don't use anything oil based like WD 40 etc. The oil base will make the rubber too soft. I have had to use a screw driver and slightly widen the stainless part they slide into. You need them to be tight or they will come out of place when the quarter glass is rolled down with the door closed and door window up.

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Wanted to add; don't put the screwdriver in the stainless side to side. If you do and pry you will leave dimples in the stainless. Wrap some tape around the tip of the screwdriver. Slide the screwdriver down, the way the gasket goes, into the stainless. You can spread the stainless a little without causing dimples.

Back