• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970-1971 cuda project wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

romester440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys I am currently looking for a 70/71 cuda/barracuda project for under 10k. I looked through the forsale section and saw some good deals that went down on this forum. I am looking for something complete but will consider anything as long as its fairly solid. If you have one or know of someone that's willing to sell their project please PM me with what you have and your asking price thanks. I am in Connecticut and would rather find something close to the New England area but I am willing to travel a fair distance for the right car . Thanks for your help and thanks for the free add.

romester440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has the river run dry with these cudas ? so many views and no offers. or there is no one around these parts with a project forsale. expanding my search to country wide.

romester440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure looks like it Scottyboy , I was never good at fishing but I have to wonder what the quality of fish would be if I cast a 13k line.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At under $10,000 you are in parts car territory. That leaves three basic choices: 1)Buy a rough or parts car and rebuild it; 2)spend more for a better car; 3)or buy a newer 72 -74 Cuda. Go with 2 or 3. It costs a fortune and a lot of time to redo a rough or parts car. #2 a better car is cheaper to do in the long run and it gets done so you can enjoy it before you die. #3 might be something you can drive right now. I see a few 72-74's come up for $10,000 to $15,000 that are not that bad of cars. Many of them run and drive. No matter what your choice, buy the nicest car you can afford. You will be glad you did.

Last edited:

romester440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
challenger6pak you are right but I have seen good deals on craigslist now and again but its always gone when I call. I want something good that's why I upped the cash a bit. I might have a ivy green cuda' in the works but the owner wont be around till the end of the month and its not a postive. I really thought I would have a lot of cars to choose from on this site but I guess I was wrong. the problem is cudas are over priced in a project state and most people that owns one wants way too much for it .

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They aren't overpriced if that is what the market will bear. They are simply getting harder to find. The amount of unrestored cars is continually less. If you do find one under $10,000 it most likely will be a 70 not a 71.

romester440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes more than likely it will be a 70 which I think looks more like a fish with the single headlights but the 71 is my favorite . there is a 71 grand coupe on ebay right now but I think its pricey with the starting bid @ $13,500 looks like it was a 318 car with a 3 spd manual. no one bid on it as yet with the time running out. car looks like its got potential. It was painted black but the tag says its a Winchester gunmetal paint. back to the subject of these cars being overpriced, some people think they are while some don't but like they say "a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it"

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hard to find good deals

The 70 Gran Coupe listed on racing junk looks typical of what might be available under 10,000
The car looks intact, and if it is numbers matching and will run, it could be a good deal
Car has the leather interior and factory air (air conditioning parts not in the engine compartment) would be an expense to restore!
The owner says the floors and rockers are good (two good points for the car)
Other nice features: factory dual racing mirrors, and came with the wide sill moldings (missing moldings replacement would be costly)
Car is a big block with auto trans and power brakes.
Seems to be worth the 9000 asking price

The advice above; to buy the best car you can afford is great advice.

Good luck with your search.

Dino2 (1).gif

romester440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks hotrust I saw that one already in another post. thanks paharamia I am trying to hold out as long as possible to get the right deal but I a growing impatient . the grand coupe looks like a good deal but since I didn't see a phone number posted I didn't try to contact the owner, I am yet to see a car that only needs what the seller says it needs especially when it comes to sheet metal. I am currently above the 10k mark as per my previous reply. not sure what $13,000 will get me but it has to be a complete car for me to consider it and I would rather have a 71 at that point if possible.

romester440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I searched for a cuda . I spent the cash and now might trade my 1970 charger rt project , #s car ,4 spd dana for a 71 cuda only. this car I would only consider trading if there is anyone out there with a 71 cuda looking for a charger. I am in the Connecticut area and would prefer to deal with someone around new England.

panheadchuck

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure looks like it Scottyboy , I was never good at fishing but I have to wonder what the quality of fish would be if I cast a 13k line.
for a 70-71 13 k will buy u a decent shell or a rusty car, definatly not a driver, a rusty 71 318 driver is a MINIMUM od 15-17 k i have a 71 project that im thinking of selling but it comes with a johm arruzza 540 hemi , dana, gear vendors etc etc , and not a spec of rust but its gona be more than 10 k

MoparMikey

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one
Pm me
Moparmikey

QUOTE="romester440, post: 50802, member: 6180"]Hey guys I am currently looking for a 70/71 cuda/barracuda project for under 10k. I looked through the forsale section and saw some good deals that went down on this forum. I am looking for something complete but will consider anything as long as its fairly solid. If you have one or know of someone that's willing to sell their project please PM me with what you have and your asking price thanks. I am in Connecticut and would rather find something close to the New England area but I am willing to travel a fair distance for the right car . Thanks for your help and thanks for the free add.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back